Glossop North End (Treble on)

Great achievement by GNE this season,

1. 90 mins from reaching The FA Vase Final at Wembley, currently 2 nil up after the away leg with St Austell, Cornwall.
  2. 8 points behind Runcorn Linnets in the League with 5 games in hand &
  3. A NWCL Cup semi final against Bootle coming up next week....

I'd gladly settle for the League and Vase but the way they are playing i can see all 3 trophies coming to Surrey St..

Quick update for anyone that's interested.

1) Got to the FA Vase Final and will now play North Shields @ Wembley 9th of May

2) Still 8 points behind Runcorn Linnets with 5 games in hand. now have to play 10 league games in 20 days. (last game of the season is Runcorn Linnets away!)

3) Reached the NWCL Cup Final and will play Atherton Colls. @ Curzon Ashtons ground on Thur. the 30th of April.

The treble's still on....

Quick update for anyone that's interested.

1) Got to the FA Vase Final and will now play North Shields @ Wembley 9th of May

2) Still 8 points behind Runcorn Linnets with 5 games in hand. now have to play 10 league games in 20 days. (last game of the season is Runcorn Linnets away!)

3) Reached the NWCL Cup Final and will play Atherton Colls. @ Curzon Ashtons ground on Thur. the 30th of April.

The treble's still on....

10 games in 20 days, that is where it could go wrong, maybe too big an ask, good luck anyway.

"10 games in 20 days, that is where it could go wrong, maybe too big an ask, good luck anyway."

Cheers, gonna' be a real test, the League would not extend the season even by a few days.

This week they have to play Mon, Wed, Thur & Sat. i really think that's expecting too much from a non league club.

• 3 weeks later...

Glossop won the league and in some style, 10 points ahead of nearest rivals Runcorn Linnets.

Tonight they compete in the NWCFL League Cup final against Ath. Colls. @ Curzon Ashton £5 entrance KO 7.45

The best defence in the NWCFL (Glossop) v the leagues most prolific scorer Mark Battersby (60+ for the season)...

It ended as a 2 nil win for Glossop. Ath Colls. finished with 9 men as they let their frustrations get the better of them, Battersby going for 2 yellows.

Really disappointed with Battersby, was obvious he wanted to impress in front of the 1000+ crowd but never got a sniff.

Glossop now look to win the treble a week tomorrrow at Wembley against North Shields..

Impressed with Glossops style of play, Goalkeeper good, a solid back four and a midfield quartet whose aim is to feed the two whippet like strikers, simple but very effective.

"I've got my tickets for wembley we all in the green man again tomorrow Dave?"

Travel arrangements didn't go to plan, ended up stuck in The V & A at Marlebone Station with a load of geordies.

And spent too long in a pub after the game and missed our train home!!

Gutted with the result, Just a bit lacking up front i thought, plenty of pressure 1st half but couldn't convert into goals.

Hope you had a good day.

Thought Glossop were the better footballing team, but maybe it was one game too many after a long season.

I liked the look of North Shields winger Denver Morris.

Edited by BP1960

"I've got my tickets for wembley we all in the green man again tomorrow Dave?"

Travel arrangements didn't go to plan, ended up stuck in The V & A at Marlebone Station with a load of geordies.

And spent too long in a pub after the game and missed our train home!!

Gutted with the result, Just a bit lacking up front i thought, plenty of pressure 1st half but couldn't convert into goals.

Hope you had a good day.

Had a cracking day out apart from the result we decided to go up with the singing section behind the goal at the back good to see so many City United Livepool and a few Latics all coming together to support Glossop my voice still hasn't recoverd.