1170 reasons to be cheerful

Every single Oldham fan today was different class- cheering on the Bradford disability game at half time, you could tell the kids loved it, especially the blue number 5.

Starting and, certainly in the upper tier, everyone joining in the "Stand up for the 56".

Even though we lost today I don't think I've ever been prouder to associate myself with our travelling support.

What a difference a week makes.

Good post and I also feel the same every time I join our fantastic group. It was a shame to hear about someone letting the side down today by hitting someone, who I hope is OK. We have a tough test on Friday and then I am going down to Crawley and then planning Coventry and Chesterfield and Walsall.

Equally proud to be a Latic Fanatic

Every single Oldham fan today was different class- cheering on the Bradford disability game at half time, you could tell the kids loved it, especially the blue number 5.

Starting and, certainly in the upper tier, everyone joining in the "Stand up for the 56".

Even though we lost today I don't think I've ever been prouder to associate myself with our travelling support.

What a difference a week makes.

its made its way on to facebook where its getting a good reaction apparently Barnsley fans are doing a sponsored walk to their away game there to raise funds in memory of the 56 anyone wishing to contribute you can here https://www.justgiving.com/.../BarnsleyToBradfordCharityWalk

Everything was great except the actual atmosphere. The away end was dead. Gash for a Roses match I thought with 1200 'tics. The quality of the match and our pathetic performance didn't help nor can that dreadful away end, like, but thought it was a bit :censored: today.

Edited by NewBlue

Everything was great except the actual atmosphere. The away end was dead. Gash for a Roses match I thought with 1200 'tics. The quality of the match and our pathetic performance didn't help nor can that dreadful away end, like, but thought it was a bit :censored: today.

?

You used to talk some sense, gone well off piste in recent times.

Really? It was great in the 1st half especially!

You used to talk some sense, gone well off piste in recent times.

I'd be interested to hear somebody on the lower tier's perspective. Forgot to say the 'sing on the telly' song was funny. Even though they were one of the better home crowds I've seen

And we clearly disagree on Holden and the board's recruitment decision for a new manager. Ought to thank you for the Holden tip anyway...

Edited by NewBlue

13,000 home fans, that's magnificent for this league isn't it, we wouldn't bring in that many in consistently in the Premiership!

They have a decent set of supporters too, passionate about their club but realistic, always a fixture I look forward too.

I was in the City Gent pub after the game, and as we were leaving a Bradford fan stopped us to say thanks for our fantastic reaction to the '56' (his words). He told me no away other fans join in with it, with some even giving stupid songs back. He actually said that the fact that we all joined in meant more to him than the three points, as he was there that day and it still feels as raw today as it did then. He and his mate were genuinely touched by it and told us to pass our thanks on to everyone who was there.

They do, but regardless I feel they have great support.

IMHO the best support we have had at BP in the past decade was Bradford in the JPT Northern Semi. They were there en masse, loud, passionate, and right behind a team that were about 20th in League 2!!

Oh....and they are still trying to locate Craig Fagans penalty from its lunar orbit as we speak!!

£150 season tickets for them but we wouldent see anywhere near 13,000 if we did tickets at £100

No we wouldn't but as we'd only have at most 12,000 home seats available, it wouldn't work anyway, and that's only when the new stand is ready.

Bradford did a lot of building when they were in the Prem- it cost them a bit afterwards, but they are now occasionally getting the rewards, with cheap ST deals and bumper gates for their big games, which they've had a few.