Philliskirk

When did philliskirk create an assist which we scored from with a pass most of his assists are from winning penalties

So dont those count? When did Winchester last create a goal, but you do not single out the 'Irish Socrates' for example!

Its just the same old boring boo boy!

Everybody played crap yesterday Give it a rest!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attacking midfielders should not be marking anyone!

Yes they should. This shows just how little knowledge of football you have. Its called tracking back. Look next match and you will see that when we are defending we get two lines of four not a diamond. The other two players including the forward should be looking for a defensive player from the other side overloading our midfield by making a run through. Johnson used to just let them go and his pass completion was ratio was poor. You cannot be an attacking midfielder unless your team has the ball. Thats not to mention the fact we have been playing 442 for the past 3 matches and he has not been the attacking midfield player but 1 of 3 central midfield players, Connor Brown being left to look after the right wing with assistance from whoever is the nearest and Jones playing wide left.

I'm a Philliskirk fan both Danny and Tony and there are signs that Danny is starting to get back some form now that Tony is more involved.

Bradford just batter you from the word go and our team was not collectively strong enough, too many young players and three loan players who were playing one game too many in eight days with no or little match fitness before they joined us.

No one player was at fault the hoof and physicality just wore us down and hey presto you pick on a player.

Guest Stanley30

Any bugger can run around all day, it's the actual football bit I'm bothered about. Safely he has been lacking quality for a while and needs dropping

So dont those count? When did Winchester last create a goal, but you do not single out the 'Irish Socrates' for example!

Its just the same old boring boo boy!

Everybody played crap yesterday Give it a rest!

As you maybe aware Winchester has scored a few goals recently more than what DP has done. Also he's our most creative player who will actually run at defenders. I say we try Winchstser in DPs position when kelly is back fit Edited by SavageTheBeast

As you maybe aware Winchester has scored a few goals recently more than what DP has done. Also he's our most creative player who will actually run at defenders. I say we try Winchstser in DPs position when kelly is back fit

Winchester doesnt run at defenders, he runs across them.

He doesnt tackle much, rarely wins a header and doesnt track his man as he should! Should he be in the team. yes of course he should (With DP too)

Winchester doesnt run at defenders, he runs across them.

He doesnt tackle much, rarely wins a header and doesnt track his man as he should! Should he be in the team. yes of course he should (With DP too)

Must be watching a different game to me I've been to every game and I always see him running at defenders and creating

Winchester doesnt run at defenders, he glides past them, like a majestic eagle.

FTFY

A severe case of different rules for different players, a bit like Wesolowski and Korey Smith last season, a very blinkered view!

Mmmm I'm struggling to see how you can't see Carl Winchester going past defenders as he does this pretty much every game. He doesn't do it with pace like Forte would he does it by effectively ghosting past them with the ball at his feet using balance and skill to wrong foot them.

He frustrates the hell out of me and I've got to stage where I sit back down in my seat if he gets the ball but - better, more knowledgeable people than me constantly tell us what an important role he plays & I'm willing to accept his unambitious, unspectacular, "too tidy-ness" is important to the team. It probably is.

To have any chance of promotion we need to be getting 150-200+ games out of (several of) this type of player and if he gets there I'm sure we'll be able to look back and say he scored & made a decent amount of goals and served the club well.

Phew! I am glad that we agree,

Winchester doesnt have that many of either, does he?

I can't find stats for him on our website but as you maybe aware Winchester plays in a different position where you have to be box to box where as Philliskirk is an attacking forward who is expected to create and score

Edit Winchester has scored 3 goals in the league the same amount as philliskirk from a less attacking position.

Edited by SavageTheBeast

Only just managed to catch up on this thread. I've played the game a long time and at semi pro and scholarship standard. I've never come across many players in the number 10 role who are in there and credited for their "donkey " work.

Strange.

I actually think there is a player in there with DP as shown when he signed last season. However, he has been massively out of form and not contributing towards the side in the way he should be IMO.

Does DP wear the number 10 shirt, I forget? He needs a rest but is usually still the second name on the teamsheet, for all that he brings to the team.

Perhaps the problem has occured again as it did last season with Wesolowski in midfield that DP has to drop back to cover for others-not his fault.

Andy Ritchie played at a much higher level than semi-pro and scholarship standard and rates him so I prefer to listen to the experts, Get off Philly's back!

Does DP wear the number 10 shirt, I forget? He needs a rest but is usually still the second name on the teamsheet, for all that he brings to the team.

Perhaps the problem has occured again as it did last season with Wesolowski in midfield that DP has to drop back to cover for others-not his fault.

Andy Ritchie played at a much higher level than semi-pro and scholarship standard and rates him so I prefer to listen to the experts, Get off Philly's back!

He's garbage end of. You've been watching some strange games if you think he's been creating chances. We will see him Friday go missing and easily out muscled off the ball

Only just managed to catch up on this thread. I've played the game a long time and at semi pro and scholarship standard. I've never come across many players in the number 10 role who are in there and credited for their "donkey " work.

Strange.

I actually think there is a player in there with DP as shown when he signed last season. However, he has been massively out of form and not contributing towards the side in the way he should be IMO.

At one time the number 10 shirt was associated with the flair players in the team. Philliskirk is hardly that.

Daniel Johnson would have qualified though. Alas his stay was brief.

Edited by BP1960