Philliskirk

At one time the number 10 shirt was associated with the flair players in the team. Philliskirk is hardly that.

Daniel Johnson would have qualified though. Alas his stay was brief.

Yeah, I miss winning every week like we did with Johnson's flair.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does DP wear the number 10 shirt, I forget? He needs a rest but is usually still the second name on the teamsheet, for all that he brings to the team.

Perhaps the problem has occured again as it did last season with Wesolowski in midfield that DP has to drop back to cover for others-not his fault.

Andy Ritchie played at a much higher level than semi-pro and scholarship standard and rates him so I prefer to listen to the experts, Get off Philly's back!

Well not all professionals get it right pal. Take Merson re Townsend for example. I don't know if you are being purposely literate or not re the "10 shirt" - if I remember correctly not all forwards wear the number 9. Not all left wingers wear 11. Just in case you are actually confused I was referring to the number 10 role as in jobs and positioning on the pitch.

Maybe that's why we have struggled for the last few months if he is 2nd on the team-sheet! I presume you mean Winchester would be 1st? Wonder where that leaves Kelly, Jones, Forte, Mills and James Wilson if Phili is that high up in the pecking order.

All views are my own - so please don't take offence.

P.s although I usually agree with you Andy - I would still have D.Johnson in the team ahead of DP any day.

Does DP wear the number 10 shirt, I forget? He needs a rest but is usually still the second name on the teamsheet, for all that he brings to the team.

Perhaps the problem has occured again as it did last season with Wesolowski in midfield that DP has to drop back to cover for others-not his fault.

Andy Ritchie played at a much higher level than semi-pro and scholarship standard and rates him so I prefer to listen to the experts, Get off Philly's back!

...so did Garth Crooks and Robbie Savage.

Well not all professionals get it right pal. Take Merson re Townsend for example. I don't know if you are being purposely literate or not re the "10 shirt" - if I remember correctly not all forwards wear the number 9. Not all left wingers wear 11. Just in case you are actually confused I was referring to the number 10 role as in jobs and positioning on the pitch.

Maybe that's why we have struggled for the last few months if he is 2nd on the team-sheet! I presume you mean Winchester would be 1st? Wonder where that leaves Kelly, Jones, Forte, Mills and James Wilson if Phili is that high up in the pecking order.

I was being pedantic but there is actually a valid point there-playing the number 10 role differs greatly (probably more than any other role) between playing it in a good team or playing it, as we now most definately are, in a bad team! The thing is within both Philly has been picked consistently by the Managers!

I hope both he and Winny play well tomorrow and we win-but if we dont then I wont be jumping on here naming the ones that I blame! Unlike others!

He did well, thought Winchester had an off day though. Looking a bit jaded.

Agreed, couldn't remember his last contribution to the game on quite a few occasions yesterday - seemed lightweight, lost and knackered! Let's put it down to tiredness! Good job Kelly was on it.

He shouldn't have been assigned there, too small, he's never going to win a ball on the far post

I dont think anybody was assigned anywhere due to the emotion generated by the decision. I think, as Captain, he tried to deal with the most obvious threat he could see as the opponents quickly (and correctly) attempted to take advantage of ourselves and the referee.