Trust Oldham Fans meeting 13/04/15

Dear all,

Trust oldham are holding a fans meeting on April 13th at BP in the latics zone. Starting time is 7pm, finish 9pm.

The clubs fans liasion officer is hoping to be there so if you have any thoughts on the match day experience home and away, please come.

We are hoping to have a guest with regards to the new stand build.

Also to be discussed, the up and coming AGM.

Please look for further announcements or if you can't make it, how to log an enquiry too. Thanks in advance

Added on 1st April, live contact on the night for Q and A is: Askthetrust@trustoldham.co.uk @newtrustoldham on Twitter - if we have enough hands on the night, we will also add updates on the Trustoldham FB. Page too

Edited by underdog

Was at FC United's new stadium this morning with Andy Walsh. Mentioned this meeting to him and he would be more than happy to come along and speak about fan ownership and what they have achieved there. If whoever is organising this would like him to attend, give me a shout: mike.keegan@mailonline.co.uk. Cheers.

Was at FC United's new stadium this morning with Andy Walsh. Mentioned this meeting to him and he would be more than happy to come along and speak about fan ownership and what they have achieved there. If whoever is organising this would like him to attend, give me a shout: mike.keegan@mailonline.co.uk. Cheers.

As much as the sentiment of fan ownership is brilliant, does Oldham Athletic have enough fans to be able to sustain Third Tier football under this sort of ownership? It's fine when you've got the support of the biggest club in the world to tap into, but Oldham's is very limited.

Look at Portsmouth. 20,000 fans a week and they're struggling in League 2, where the average crowd is probably 3000. Is that the sort of proportionality required to even maintain yourself in the division? Are there willing investors for the minority shares, knowing that they won't have the final say in how the club is run?

I doubt it would ever happen but these are the sort of questions fans will be asking...

As much as the sentiment of fan ownership is brilliant, does Oldham Athletic have enough fans to be able to sustain Third Tier football under this sort of ownership? It's fine when you've got the support of the biggest club in the world to tap into, but Oldham's is very limited.

Look at Portsmouth. 20,000 fans a week and they're struggling in League 2, where the average crowd is probably 3000. Is that the sort of proportionality required to even maintain yourself in the division? Are there willing investors for the minority shares, knowing that they won't have the final say in how the club is run?

I doubt it would ever happen but these are the sort of questions fans will be asking...

I can certainly add it as a fans question...I have no idea if fans can sustain the club or how we would "buy out" the current owner even. I know there are a few fan owned clubs out there, it's worthy of a question so I will add it

Thanks Mike I will add it as a question. Please feel free to come to the meeting or even login in on the night if you can't. I will need to confirm the address...it might be tweet the trust or ask the trust link. I will confirm it as soon as I can

Aren't we almost self sufficient (or will be when the new stand is in)? Sure that's the line that Uncle Simon has been pedalling.

Update folks, lookers has already followed this up with Mike and Andy Walsh, so TBa on that question

Please don't take this as a criticism, more a request. I have no idea who lookers ams Andy Walsh are and these sort of posts make it feel like a bit of a closed shop between old mates. Good luck, hope all your hard work bears fruit

Please don't take this as a criticism, more a request. I have no idea who lookers ams Andy Walsh are and these sort of posts make it feel like a bit of a closed shop between old mates. Good luck, hope all your hard work bears fruit

Either I've had a whoosh or you need to read the thread fully.

Lookers is a poster on here.

Trust me if it was a closed shop I'd never be let in period....I believe Mike is a news reporter and Andy is the chap who is part of the set up at FC united. I believe in good faith they were offering support/advice on how a fans owned club is run and lookers, well we all have our names, is lookers87 who is a trust director and has followed this offer up.

We do look how other fans owned clubs/percentage of fans owning clubs are run and learn from their experiences so more input the better.

We would also love new volunteers to help out and join the trust board to refresh and recycle yearly so we do no end up like we have In the past with no-One volunteering and therefore, having to serve another term and another term....it's not ideal to do this.

If you can't attend, but have questions, please look at the facebook page for live feeds on the night and you can always use the askthe trust...link I posted higher up

Thanks

Trust me if it was a closed shop I'd never be let in period....I believe Mike is a news reporter and Andy is the chap who is part of the set up at FC united. I believe in good faith they were offering support/advice on how a fans owned club is run and lookers, well we all have our names, is lookers87 who is a trust director and has followed this offer up.

We do look how other fans owned clubs/percentage of fans owning clubs are run and learn from their experiences so more input the better.

We would also love new volunteers to help out and join the trust board to refresh and recycle yearly so we do no end up like we have In the past with no-One volunteering and therefore, having to serve another term and another term....it's not ideal to do this.

If you can't attend, but have questions, please look at the facebook page for live feeds on the night and you can always use the askthe trust...link I posted higher up

Thanks

I'll have a look and thanks again. My days of getting involved are over but I wish those who are willing to do so nothing but well.

Could you ask the club to use the #oafc hashtag when tweeting from the @officialOAFC account.

Anyone who follows more than a handful of people will rarely see anything that's tweeted.

Them "live tweeting" during matches is especially pointless as anybody who's following on Twitter will do so via the hashtag to get multiple sources of info, official and unofficial.

Somebody tried explaining to him/her during Crawley away but didn't seem to get any response as far as I saw.

If I'm missing some fundamental reason why they don't do it this way I'm all ears too.

Could you ask the club to use the #oafc hashtag when tweeting from the @officialOAFC account.

Anyone who follows more than a handful of people will rarely see anything that's tweeted.

Them "live tweeting" during matches is especially pointless as anybody who's following on Twitter will do so via the hashtag to get multiple sources of info, official and unofficial.

Somebody tried explaining to him/her during Crawley away but didn't seem to get any response as far as I saw.

If I'm missing some fundamental reason why they don't do it this way I'm all ears too.

Following the hashtag in lieu of following the official account, probably

This is the crazy thing, although #oafc will be unofficial, there will be more followers if the #oafc is added. The obvious reason is it will shorten the avaialble charachters, when it is already clearly fromOAFC.

Don't forget chaps, fans meeting at The laticzone 7-9pm tonight

There will be representation at the club too but if you cant attend, please look out for updates on the Trust Oldham facebook page and Tweet the trust too

Hope to see you there

Just looked on twitter seen nothing

Hello forte, apologies we only had the technology tonight to update the FB page. questions and updates were put on there and are still there if it helps Edited by underdog