Greatest Ever Foreigners XI

When I first started watching Latics in the mid 70's as a young un with my dad. My favourite player was a winger called Carl Valentine think he was Canadian, loved watching him play beat players and had pace to burn.

At around the same time we had a Polish guy who used to take throw ins but did a somersault type roll after he threw the ball which I tried numerous times to mimic playing with my mates over the park but failed every time. can't remember his name and wouldn't want to attempt to spell it either. :)

Oh those were the days.

When I first started watching Latics in the mid 70's as a young un with my dad. My favourite player was a winger called Carl Valentine think he was Canadian, loved watching him play beat players and had pace to burn.

At around the same time we had a Polish guy who used to take throw ins but did a somersault type roll after he threw the ball which I tried numerous times to mimic playing with my mates over the park but failed every time. can't remember his name and wouldn't want to attempt to spell it either. :)

Oh those were the days.

An attempt has been made early in the thread. I think there may be a Z missing but wouldn't bet on it.

Oh those were the days.

Rysard Kowenicki.