Just a rumour?

From the other Latics site......

Fact or fiction?

Mark Warburton is in negotiation with associates from his contacts in the city to buy the club.He will take over as manager and was the reason LJ was touting himself at clubs.Its why we have not appointed a manager.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the other Latics site......

Fact or fiction?

Mark Warburton is in negotiation with associates from his contacts in the city to buy the club.He will take over as manager and was the reason LJ was touting himself at clubs.Its why we have not appointed a manager.

I think it more likely Warburton becoming Owner/Manager/Chairman.....

Said it from day one that he would be my number 1 candidate think he has done a brilliant job with Brentford and has been :censored: on big style by the new owners would have him here in a heartbeat.

I believe that there are bigger and better jobs around for him though. Still we live in hope!!!!

Sounds like someone dipped into Wikipedia, saw Warburton's previous career as a city trader and created a fishing rumour.

I wouldnt be surprised if interest in buying the club could we'll be increasing as the stand nears completion. However, I doubt a successful - and in demand - football manager who has developed a successful career in and off the pitch in and around London would buy our club. He'd be managing in the Championship next season on a wage much greater than what Corney can offer.

More likely to have Jenny Warburton buying and managing the club.

Which part of "in negotiations to buy the club" did some of you not read? He'd be owner (or part owner) AND manager and, therefore, possibly wouldn't pay himself anything on paper.

Excellent rumour as rumours go. And not beyond the realms of possibility given his background.

Which part of "in negotiations to buy the club" did some of you not read? He'd be owner (or part owner) AND manager and, therefore, possibly wouldn't pay himself anything on paper.

Excellent rumour as rumours go. And not beyond the realms of possibility given his background.

I think everybody read it and dismissed it as the almost certain BS that it is. Mind you not as much BS as him doing the job for nothing as owner. That's hilarious.

I think everybody read it and dismissed it as the almost certain BS that it is. Mind you not as much BS as him doing the job for nothing as owner. That's hilarious.

In the unlikely event we made a load of money I'm sure he'd take a share. In fact, it would be his money so of course he would.

In the meantime, if it was his business, he could pay himself as much or as little as he wanted - the point being it would be HIS money either way.

If paying himself no "salary" freed up money for another signing under FFP he might well elect to do that. The blokes loaded and would be getting into it to make millions over say a five year period, not £60k a year now.

Wouldn't he?

In the unlikely event we made a load of money I'm sure he'd take a share. In fact, it would be his money so of course he would.

In the meantime, if it was his business, he could pay himself as much or as little as he wanted - the point being it would be HIS money either way.

If paying himself no "salary" freed up money for another signing under FFP he might well elect to do that. The blokes loaded and would be getting into it to make millions over say a five year period, not £60k a year now.

Wouldn't he?

Is he loaded I don't know? Considerably less risk in signing a lucrative contract at QPR or Fulham as suggested by another poster without putting money into us and potentially ending up with nothing.

At Brentford he was dismissed over a disagreement with the owner. Solution: own the club yourself...

It's not beyond the realms of possibility. He knew the very wealthy owner of Brentford from the City before being employed by him, he must know other rich football fans, or at least rich people who sniff a profit.

Begs the question of would you want owners who were after a quick fix, to profiteer then to scarper? Presumably no long term interest.

Said it from day one that he would be my number 1 candidate think he has done a brilliant job with Brentford and has been :censored: on big style by the new owners would have him here in a heartbeat.

I believe that there are bigger and better jobs around for him though. Still we live in hope!!!!

What new owners? Benham has been there for 6 years - 2 years longer than Warburton.

The Warburton story does sound a bit far fetched to me, but a change in ownership in the summer has to be a possibility.

From what I've been told, the primary role of the new Director (Anthony Gee) is basically to find a suitable buyer for the club. Given that's he's been here since November it seems reasonable to think that he might have made some progress in bringing a potential buyer to the table.