• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony Mowbray is incharge

Things change.

I'm in favour of Rösler, but we need to sort out the umlaut and the pronunciation. I'm comfortable with the orthography, but is it pronounced "Rursler" or "Resler" or something else?

These things matter.

Plus, according to wiki, he defied the Stasi with the help of the Leipzig manager, which brought about the fall of the Berlin wall.

Edited by 24hoursfromtulsehill

Does this strengthen the Warburton rumour?

Did Rosler do well at Brentford because Warburton was his director of football or did Watburton do well once he'd gone because of the foundations Rosler had laid?

Seems safe to ignore the basket case that is Wigan after previously successful Coyle & Mackay both did nowt either ......

This would undoubtedly be a solid appointment and could turn out to be a great one.......

Very, very good shout.

Going round on twitter that He's been at Sheffield Uniteds last 4 games.

Can't see anything from Sheff U fans on there, or their forum though saying that but that's whats been said.

Doesn't make sense he'd sit with us though, surely Sheff U would have had directors there

Edited by aaronoafc

If it isnt going to be Dowie, whom most seem to want, then Rosler is a stand out candidate. Probably too good for us, with his record, so lets grab him if we get the chance. I liked Little Judas but think that Rosler is a much better manager.

As someone else said, there are only a certain number of management jobs out there, so we could have a chance

Things change.

I'm in favour of Rösler, but we need to sort out the umlaut and the pronunciation. I'm comfortable with the orthography, but is it pronounced "Rursler" or "Resler" or something else?

These things matter.

Plus, according to wiki, he defied the Stasi with the help of the Leipzig manager, which brought about the fall of the Berlin wall.

Very good points, plus as we all know his Grandad is rumoured to have helped bomb Old Trafford.

.....a quick rummage around on Twitter reveals Rosler has attended the following recent games;

Latics v Sheff U

Barnsley v Sheff U

Huddersfield v Fulham

Barcelona v Man Citeh.... He actually sat with the city fans, which is impressive.

Maybe he was checking out Sheff Utd on our behalf at Barnsley.

He's not worked in England without money, a possible concern.

On the plus side, that's not the first time he's been spotted at one of our games so he seems keen (unless he's not of course)

The money thing would be my only nervousness. But I'm happy to risk it ...

.....a quick rummage around on Twitter reveals Rosler has attended the following recent games;

Latics v Sheff U

Barnsley v Sheff U

Huddersfield v Fulham

Barcelona v Man Citeh.... He actually sat with the city fans, which is impressive.

Mike keegan said he had been to see us twice now.

Things change.

These things matter.

He may have been interviewed by the Stasi, but is he prepared for Barry's Due Diligence?

He may have been interviewed by the Stasi, but is he prepared for Barry's Due Diligence?

Great preparation but things can quickly unravel for the best of them when faced with GMP's ex-finest.

On a serious note, I can easily imagine Barry going Basil Fawlty on him, thus ending a potentially beautiful relationship before it's begun.

It just seems too obvious to me/too good to be true. I know he would not have much other reason to go to Latics, but he's been to quite a few game recently.

Some said he was deep in conversation with Alan Hardy, others say making lots of notes.

mmm Not convinced. Not a bad choice though. Question is, did the players raise their game from Crawley for him or Deano....

Edited by singe

It just seems to obvious to me. I know he would not have much other reason to go to Latics, but he's been to quite a few game recently.

Some said he was deep in conversation with Alan Hardy, others say making lots of notes.

mmm Not convinced. Not a bad choice though. Question is, did the players raise their game from Crawley for him or Deano....

If I was in the admin of a Football club, the players would be the last to find out

If I was in the admin of a Football club, the players would be the last to find out

Maybe he wants the interview practice....

After all, not every club has to submit a 5 page dossier on each player, attend games and then be subject to Barry's Due Diligence. Or is a 100 day plan the new 5 page dossier.

Nothing in the Chron about him, only that second round interviews are happening this week.

Bit surprised by that, there hasn't been much in the way of prospective manager sightings at games, so the fact that he was there with Hardy and making notes I would have thought would be worthy of reporting.

Personally going off his record I think it'd be a cracking appointment and right at the top end of what I thought we could realistically get. He was a missed penalty away from having a League One promotion on his CV. I doubt there are many other applicants that have that. I'd be very surprised if we did get him.