Latics 2-2 Sheff U

Just seen the attendance. Just scraped 3000 home fans which is disappointing.

Good to see Philly better, on and off the pitch, linked up with Turner quite well. Poleon exceptional, best he's played since being at the club by a long way, the unbelievable goal and all-round he was brilliant.

Agent Brown phenomenal for Sheffield...Lockwood well off the pace. The gulf in class between Mills and Sadler clear for all to see as well.

Was Murphy brought on to play in midfield? Thought he was a striker but he played 40 yards from goal.

Not surprised at the attendance, nothing to play for and more than likely was set to be a hammering, I'm a ST Holder and was considering not bothering today, glad I did though was a good match.

Thought we knocked it round brilliantly in the first half, Turner is a right handful. Quite small but battles well, wins tons of headers and has pace - needs signing up for next year.

Thought Philly looked much better, and Poleon where do I even start? Great performance and 2 brilliant goals., even his general play in the second half when we were under the cosh was good, flicking it round 2/3 players at a time.

That ref though....

(Though I do think it was a corner the pissing lineman flagged for a goal kick!!!)

Yeah I thought it was a corner too. However, despite Lockwood passing it to their goal scorer for the first, he controled it with his arm before sticking it past Coleman. Should have won 2-1.

And the foul the ref gave towards the end???? Possibly against Lockwood although I can't remember now, in our right back position. He ran across the player and took the ball. Their player didn't trip, fall or even appeal yet the ref saw something wrong with it?!!! Did I miss something there?

Edited by BlueJazzer

The ref asides, who I thought ruined a decent performance by us, I am reasonably happy with our days work. 1st half we were by far the better side, and what is more pleasing is that not one loan player started. I dont know why we can play the better teams and look a decent outfit and yet against the weaker sides we seem devoid of ideas.

It would be a bit of a coup if we could get Rosler as manager and keep some of our better players, all of a sudden things could be looking up.

Enjoyed that match, would have taken a point beforehand and bloody hell Poleon?...

The ref, well can't make my mind up, can't say even the blades were looking for the fouls either, he overrode both linesmen too.

Disappointed in the away support, weren't they quite to say they are up for the playoffs.

in my mind so far, there has only been Swindon I thought were decent.

Oh well, all I ask is the players put a shift in and they keep on doing it, barring the odd hic-cup for Holden

Thought it was a goal kick as did the linesman but we can't agree between ourselves some think it was a corner some a goal kick.The ref gave a corner not a penalty we should have defended it better the worst decision he made was when Murphy fouled their lad at the end when they broke away and he waved play on that summed up his inept performance

Thought it was a goal kick as did the linesman but we can't agree between ourselves some think it was a corner some a goal kick.The ref gave a corner not a penalty we should have defended it better the worst decision he made was when Murphy fouled their lad at the end when they broke away and he waved play on that summed up his inept performance

I thought that too, thought it could have been a sending off myself but....inconsistent or what

Edited by underdog

2 great goals from Poleon

Also good to see the way he celebrated with the coaching staff after both goals

I wonder if they've been encouraging him to shoot more?

The ref ? Well I'm struggling to think of a worse performance from a ref , Clattenburg when he sent Pogs off springs to mind though

Poleon.

I've really struggled to take to him. I've seen poor attitude and poor decision making in abundance since he joined us.

The attitude has certainly improved since the turn of the year. And those two goals today were very special.

Well done to the lad. I hope he continues to perform!

Lockwood should not be anywhere near a playing contract for next year. Too slow, can't pass a ball. Take Gerrard over him every day of the week.

I agree Gerrard is the better of the 2, but we most probably cant afford him, would you rather see loanees playing, or our own?

Lockwood was never the greatest footballer but he was a leader and would throw himself into everything to ensure he won the header. Today and over the last few games we have conceeded goals where his man has scored goals in the six yard box, he is loosing headers and was a mess as leader today getting in a mess with brown twice and wilson and berating coleman when he really didnt need to