Latics 2-2 Sheff U

It obviously was close enough for a debate.

Yes obviously cos quite a few poster's have said like you. Which amazes me. The players reactions leads itself to my observations. Sometimes from player reactions you know the difference from trying it on to disbelief,

I can't believe Philiskirk was took off and even more baffled at his replacement. An on the shoulder striker in the no.10 role. It was clear we were losing heavily in midfield and losing DP in there lost us some industry.

Kelly was getting stuck in but the game completely passed Winny by. At times I could see Locky frustrated and leaving his centre half position to try and get a foot in. Holden has had it really tough with personnel available but he really doesn't help himself at times. See Kasunga as a holding midfielder.

Edited by welshgaz

Lockwood should not be anywhere near a playing contract for next year. Too slow, can't pass a ball. Take Gerrard over him every day of the week.

Yet in the last few home games he's stuck his foot out or put his head on the line, so for me its a fair balance

I can't believe Philiskirk was took off and even more baffled at his replacement. An on the shoulder striker in the no.10 role. It was clear we were losing heavily in midfield and losing DP in there lost us some industry.

Kelly was getting stuck in but the game completely passed Winny by. At times I could see Locky frustrated and leaving his centre half position to try and get a foot in. Holden has had it really tough with personnel available but he really doesn't help himself at times. See Kasunga as a holding midfielder.

Philiskirk has been out with an unusual health complaint, which increases his tiredness, and has caused him some slightly serious health problems of late. He was beginning to flag and look quite tired, so despite playing well he was an obvious substitution.

I actually thought Murphy worked quite hard, as exemplified by his tackle in the last minute- he was the only one who could make that tackle.

Mellis might have worked, especially as he would be more of a like-for-like change, but he is coming back from long-term injury himself. Plus Murphy seems to be deemed able to play that role too.

dead ball................I am genuinely amazed that I found on here so many think it was a corner.

I didn't see it but the 3 people I was sat with all thought it was a corner. It was the ref overruling the linesman (and the subsequent blatant push in the back) that riled most near me.

2 great goals from Poleon

Also good to see the way he celebrated with the coaching staff after both goals

I wonder if they've been encouraging him to shoot more?

The ref ? Well I'm struggling to think of a worse performance from a ref , Clattenburg when he sent Pogs off springs to mind though

Complete side note, really, but Pogs elbowed the Brentford player on the line. He had to go...