Rate The Ref: Sheffield Utd (h) Richard Clark

Rate the ref!  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Was the ref ...

• Incompetent
    • Cheat

Would have gone for cheat if he hadn't failed to give a free-kick to them when we hacked their player down from behind as he broke away. Although it could have been an attempt to look impartial.

He'd done alright up until THAT corner - but from then on just gave free kicks to them every time one of our players went near the ball.

Cost us the win, because I didn't think Sheffield had looked that threatening up until that point, even at 2-1.

What about the first half where it was a clear throw in to us near the dug outs? The Linesman indicated it was our throw in then the Sheff Utd player took it quick, we kicked it out and he give the throw in to them!

I forgot about that one, who would have thought that it could get even worse from him.

Very rare to see a ref overrule his assistant, but twice in one game, both in favour of Sheffield utd?

And his obsession with his spray...

:censored:

He loved that spray, squirted so much down for a free kick the ball got stuck in it and Jones fluffed the kick.

I actually thought he was very good in the first half. Set his stall out that there would be a card for each snide foul, which is just what you need against that lot. Our cards and fouls were bought and paid for.

Second half was different. It seemed to me he lost it completely as soon as we started booing him. I was glad of the comic relief when he let one of ours (Jones?) cynically hatchet their player down in the last few minutes. Thinking back he also let Locky off with not so much a shove as a World's Strongest Man pushing a truck impersonation and Connor flattening their bloke with a backwards flying body check. Just lost it.

I think it was a corner by the way...

I actually thought he was very good in the first half. Set his stall out that there would be a card for each snide foul, which is just what you need against that lot. Our cards and fouls were bought and paid for.

Second half was different. It seemed to me he lost it completely as soon as we started booing him. I was glad of the comic relief when he let one of ours (Jones?) cynically hatchet their player down in the last few minutes. Thinking back he also let Locky off with not so much a shove as a World's Strongest Man pushing a truck impersonation and Connor flattening their bloke with a backwards flying body check. Just lost it.

I think it was a corner by the way...

That's a whoosh and I've bought it right?

I thought it was as well. Thought I was the only one until I read a few on here agreeing with me.

Can I ask where in the ground you sit?

I sit right in line where their player (lad who came on, their right wing) kicks it out. Dead ball every day of the week.

Behind the goal in the Chaddy as we were chucked out of the RRE. 2nd row. So 10m away, if that. That's irrelevant as hubby sitting next to me thought it was a goal kick. 2/5 in the pub after thought it was a corner. Not saying I'm right. That's just how I saw it at the time.

Behind the goal in the Chaddy as we were chucked out of the RRE. 2nd row. So 10m away, if that. That's irrelevant as hubby sitting next to me thought it was a goal kick. 2/5 in the pub after thought it was a corner. Not saying I'm right. That's just how I saw it at the time.

Seriously amazed........