Rate The Ref: Sheffield Utd (h) Richard Clark

Rate the ref!  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Was the ref ...

• Incompetent
    • Cheat

Also usually when a lino makes a call and the ref makes the opposite call, the lino quickly changes his signal to agree with the ref. In the corner instance the ref looked at a sheff player then looked at the lino, so I looked at the lino too and he flagged goal kick. I looked back at the ref who signalled corner, I had to time to stand up angrily and swear before I looked back at the lino who was staring the ref sternly in the eye and still signalling goal kick.

It is one of the worst decisions I have ever seen.

Exactly.

It was the lino's call.

Not always. Looking at it from behind or in front (as I was) you can judge where it was across the line of players when it changed direction much better than you can from the side. What the the ref had at that moment I have no idea.

Not always. Looking at it from behind or in front (as I was) you can judge where it was across the line of players when it changed direction much better than you can from the side. What the the ref had at that moment I have no idea.

Ref was looking through a crowd of players. As a straight line he was probably slightly closer.

The lino only had the players involved in the challenge in his vision.

Without the linesman's flag it would have been another slightly debatable decision that is forgotten a moment later.

However the fact the linesman indicated a dead ball and as someone else stated, kept that decision clearly displayed, meant that it became a focal point for the fans and also the players.

For me, although a debatable decision (though one that I didn't see clearly enough to be certain either way), the fact that this seemed to undermine the players focus was more of an issue. We defended the corner terribly.

I also thought that their player controlled the ball with his arm in the first goal but very few of our players (any?) seemed to appeal and the same lineman didn't see anything.

Ref was looking through a crowd of players. As a straight line he was probably slightly closer.

The lino only had the players involved in the challenge in his vision.

The linesman was looking through a crowd of legs at a ball travelling straight towards him. I'm not talking about the distance, I'm saying that viewing from across the flight of the ball could be more useful for this decision. Certainly far better for seeing who it was nearest to when it deflected

This ref was one of many of todays breed of officials, who think the crowd have gone to watch THEM And they must make decisions like that to highlight how much they love themselves, and crave the attention of all present. The foam spray just highlighted the fact. His motto. "I love me". :crackpot:

Most of you seem to have missed the clear elbow in the face of Poleon which got them the ball for the first goal. He gives that there is no first goal and they are down to 10 men. Poleon was still laid out when they got back to the kick off. He was only 10 yards away with a clear view but did not "see it". Then after all his capers with the spray he gives us a free kick in a dangerous position. Puts down his spray and then allows a player to charge down the kick by running out too early. He was only four yards away by the time Jones struck the ball. Clearly should have been retake and a yellow card.

Still it could have been worse, the England Ladies team had a referee who did not know the rules regarding penalties. Gave a free kick for encroachment for a penalty in extra time. The teams had to go back and replay the penalty and remaining extra time a couple of days later.

For family reasons I wasn't present yesterday...... but if it was that c#$t who stood in the middle at Rotherham last year, I'm not surprised he was crap!!!

The only decision he got 'right' was sending Mellor off..... but if he had given the clear foul 5 seconds previous it wouldn't have got to that. He was a prize knob from start to finish!!

For family reasons I wasn't present yesterday...... but if it was that c#$t who stood in the middle at Rotherham last year, I'm not surprised he was crap!!!

The only decision he got 'right' was sending Mellor off..... but if he had given the clear foul 5 seconds previous it wouldn't have got to that. He was a prize knob from start to finish!!

He actually used his lino to give us the penalty in the 5-4 v Peterbotough.

However the fact the linesman indicated a dead ball and as someone else stated, kept that decision clearly displayed, meant that it became a focal point for the fans and also the players.

A goal kick and a corner both constitute a "dead ball"