Chesterfield - given big section of RRE

A shame. Bristol was a decent atmosphere I thought - one of the better ones this season. They brought around 1000 and shared a stand with our fans. Not rocket science that that will create a better atmosphere than a repetitive drum 120 yards away ever will. The big games against the big teams are always devoid of atmosphere for this reason.

Although if we were in Chesterfield's position we'd require the large section I'd assume. Easily top 2000. Just wish the club would allow the small section to be opened to home fans.

And I make that the 6th league game, deyres

Gives Chesterfield more tickets. 200 less home fans versus 500 more away fans?

No brainer.

Makes no sense your argument.

Chesterfield won't fill the large section so why would opening the small section reduce their allocation?

If anything there will be less tickets sold. There will be Oldham fans who won't bother now because they have to move stands. I am less inclined to go on Saturday for this reason. It was the same for Rochdale at home as well for me - a 'derby' match where fans were stuck 120 yard away from each other? No thanks.

When the football is so :censored: consistently fans don't see the whole 'gives the club a bit more money' argument as valid when they're likely to watch a defeat anyway. Messing about with stands drives fans away. The club should have learnt that from the huge decrease in attendances since the Lookers was knocked down.

Edited by NewBlue

Chesterfield won't fill the large section so why would opening the small section reduce their allocation?

If anything there will be less tickets sold. There will be Oldham fans who won't bother now because they have to move stands. I am less inclined to go on Saturday for this reason. It was the same for Rochdale at home as well for me - a 'derby' match where fans were stuck 120 yard away from each other? No thanks.

Think me and the fella I go with have missed 3 of the 6, won't be the only ones to have done so.

Interesting to see if anything happens with the Chaddy End for away fans rumour, I can't see that but reckon it will shut for JPT and maybe midweek league games.

When the football is so :censored: consistently fans don't see the whole 'gives the club a bit more money' argument as valid when they're likely to watch a defeat anyway. Messing about with stands drives fans away. The club should have learnt that from the huge decrease in attendances since the Lookers was knocked down.

I wouldnt go anyway, nothing games left now, dead football club again. Im more concerned with the 'lets ensure survival' philosophy of the club. Give my seat to a Chesterfield fan whos interested in the game.

Think me and the fella I go with have missed 3 of the 6, won't be the only ones to have done so.

Interesting to see if anything happens with the Chaddy End for away fans rumour, I can't see that but reckon it will shut for JPT and maybe midweek league games.

Just can't see it happening myself. It will disgruntle too many regulars for it to be worthwhile. You'd think the club would set out a firm policy for the season and announce it when season tickets are put on sale, if they're that confident the new stand will be opened in time for our first home game. Hopefully that should stop them arbitrarily shifting fans if they can predict the opposition will bring a decent following.

Whatever way they're going to piss somebody off though.