Ricky Holden Night 18/04/15

Dear all

Just a reminder that legend that is Ricky Holden is in town this Saturday for a Q&A at the Milan bar in lees. 7pm onwards.

Tickets are £8 and includes a supper too. you can pay via Paypal or on thedoor on the night All proceeds raised are going to playershare.

Ricky's latest tweet today goes like this....

Looking forward to this weekend's visit to Oldham for the debacle at Milan's Bar -should be good fun! I have a few new stories which I have held back but when it comes to questions I can't wait for 'sight Unseen!'

Up for the Challenge!

Get your thinking caps on!

Look out for other legend nights coming up soon.....possible Ian Marshall is the next one...ooo

Edited by underdog

It was good, thanks to those who attended and bought raffle tickets too.

Ricky talked about Joe creating a team of misfits and don't really belongs. Reminist about Milly playing a Ralgex joke on him and how Neil Adams was fed up of being subded so he hid the number 7 sub card so it couldn't be used and how 5&2 went up so warhurst and irwin nearly came off instead. That when he asked Roger for feedback on how his crossing was and if he could improve, Roger said don't know but keep on doing it and I'll be there. How he didn't really enjoy wembley as there were knackered and now the league cup is played earlier and would have battered forest then and priority was promotion.

That being a winger isn't about speed it's about accuracy, talked about today's game and the match at BP too and how :censored:e we were. That the timing is not right for him to be manager yet but once he got his kids off to Uni he'd do it for £30k a year (I think that's that he said), nor Stich either but if Redfern was interested he'd go and drag him over the Pennines for us. that Marshy did so much for us and should have played for England and how marshy loved scoring against Everton because they treated him badly there as Watford did him, but he came out with two signed LP's from the owner of Watford and someone said wait til he dies they be worth a fortune

Chatted about the world game, his experience of being a manager and how impatient they are at Barnsley, how he got,into football etc.

A very intelligent, funny man.

We are hoping to get Marshy in next and hopefully in the new stand too. TBA

Edited by underdog

It was good, thanks to those who attended and bought raffle tickets too.

Ricky talked about Joe creating a team of misfits and don't really belongs. Reminist about Milly playing a Ralgex joke on him and how Neil Adams was fed up of being subded so he hid the number 7 sub card so it couldn't be used and how 5&2 went up so warhurst and irwin nearly came off instead. That when he asked Roger for feedback on how his crossing was and if he could improve, Roger said don't know but keep on doing it and I'll be there. How he didn't really enjoy wembley as there were knackered and now the league cup is played earlier and would have battered forest then and priority was promotion.

That being a winger isn't about speed it's about accuracy, talked about today's game and the match at BP too and how :censored:e we were. That the timing is not right for him to be manager yet but once he got his kids off to Uni he'd do it for £30k a year (I think that's that he said), nor Stich either but if Redfern was interested he'd go and drag him over the Pennines for us. that Marshy did so much for us and should have played for England and how marshy loved scoring against Everton because they treated him badly there as Watford did him, but he came out with two signed LP's from the owner of Watford and someone said wait til he dies they be worth a fortune

Chatted about the world game, his experience of being a manager and how impatient they are at Barnsley, how he got,into football etc.

A very intelligent, funny man.

We are hoping to get Marshy in next and hopefully in the new stand too. TBA

I went too and agree with all the above and above all was impressed how articulate, intelligent and very insightful he was. I hope he gets a go at managing Latic's in the future and he would certainly restore entertainment. I agree when he said fans would be happier with the ocasional 4-3 defeat than a lot of negative 0-0 type results.

He gave us all a great lift after a rather dull day at BP earlier