Brown at left back was the only one not playing in his usual position.

I know - but now unless we use elokobi - we don't have any natural left footers in the side! - sounds a bit of a daft worry but that left side is going to get hammered due to that weakness

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Glossop, we didn't concede from free kick. Brown got shoulder barged in back, their guy crossed and scored (I think, wasn't paying much attention at that point).

We scored from free kick, looked like it had been worked on in training ground.

Thanks for clearing that up Rob and credit to you and the hearty 200 or so who made the trip.

Although we conceded 1 from a cross and one from a set play on Saturday and another from a cross today plus goals conceded from set pieces against Preston Bradford and Batnsley still suggests we are struggling to defend balls coming into the box.

Thanks for clearing that up Rob and credit to you and the hearty 200 or so who made the trip.

Although we conceded 1 from a cross and one from a set play on Saturday and another from a cross today plus goals conceded from set pieces against Preston Bradford and Batnsley still suggests we are struggling to defend balls coming into the box.

They're the kind of balls Lockwood would've batted away with no trouble at the end of last season. Unfortunately he was crap again tonight. Coleman bailed him out a few times.

Awful game, we offered nothing. We scored well worked goal from a freekick, but they battered us for rest of game. Poor passing, no width, no intent to attack. Was a foul on Brown, but they deserved at least a point. Coleman kept us in it with some good saves.

word for word, exactly the way I saw it

Brown was getting a right clattering most of the 2nd half.

Keeper apart from his kicking, looks a good prospect

Turner put a shift in, subbed mid way through 2nd half as he was dead on his feet

I'd love to know where the officials got 6 minutes of added on time from....although it hardly mattered as we had conceded in 1st minute of aot....blatant foul on Brown just before the goal...right in front of the lino

7+k crowd.....allegedly... :dntknw:

MENOAFC retweeted

Oldham Athletic AFC @OfficialOAFC · 2h 2 hours ago

As a gesture from Coventry City, refunds are available for those fans who bought tickets in advance for tonight's game from #OAFC.... and did not make it to the game. Please present your complete ticket to the ticket office to claim your refund.

They're the kind of balls Lockwood would've batted away with no trouble at the end of last season. Unfortunately he was crap again tonight. Coleman bailed him out a few times.

I disagree, thought both centre halves did a decent job along with the keeper, especially in the 2nd half when they had much more possession and pinged the ball in the box on numerous occasions..and scored once from a blatant foul on Brown in the lead up

does dropping two points tonight matter? probably not but ...

the late goals for both coventry and gillingham meant that Latics slipped from a clear 13th back into 14th place. if last season is anything to go by then I believe it is the top 13 in the third division that are seeded in the first round draw of next season's league cup .... although it will be the top 14 if Reading win the FA cup and hence qualify for Europe.

could be helpful for the club to improve its chances of making the second round of the league cup and the chance of a draw against one of the bigger top flight clubs that fail to qualify for Europe ... Spurs, Everton, Newcastle maybe?

Jesus. We've gone from "let's make the playoffs", through "a top half finish would be great", to "we could get seeded in the 1st round of the LC" - does anyone know if top 16 gets us a bye in the JPT first round?!? Good job the season is only 46 games.

word for word, exactly the way I saw it

Brown was getting a right clattering most of the 2nd half.

Keeper apart from his kicking, looks a good prospect

Turner put a shift in, subbed mid way through 2nd half as he was dead on his feet

I'd love to know where the officials got 6 minutes of added on time from....although it hardly mattered as we had conceded in 1st minute of aot....blatant foul on Brown just before the goal...right in front of the lino

7+k crowd.....allegedly... :dntknw:

Yes Agreed It was an absolutely awful game. I did not think we deserved to win- we showed almsi no ambition at all after going in front. We completely surrended the iniative and they were getting closer the longer the 2nd half wore on- It was unfortunate as it looked like a foul against CB but that is the risk you take when you just give the ball away continually.

So many players were contents just to clear the ball in to touch- I thought our night was summed up by the run of CB midaway through the 2nd half when he had a shed load of space and support and just lost control unchallenged and ran it into touch

I thought Coleman was our star and that DP looked a whole let better.

I thought the Crewe game was poor but this one definitely edged it- still in all a good afternoon stopping at the Old Windmill in town and then the Greyhound

Chesterfield next! We will have to raise our game but we are capable of doing so.

Come on Oldham

Yes Agreed It was an absolutely awful game. I did not think we deserved to win- we showed almsi no ambition at all after going in front. We completely surrended the iniative and they were getting closer the longer the 2nd half wore on- It was unfortunate as it looked like a foul against CB but that is the risk you take when you just give the ball away continually.

So many players were contents just to clear the ball in to touch- I thought our night was summed up by the run of CB midaway through the 2nd half when he had a shed load of space and support and just lost control unchallenged and ran it into touch

I thought Coleman was our star and that DP looked a whole let better.

I thought the Crewe game was poor but this one definitely edged it- still in all a good afternoon stopping at the Old Windmill in town and then the Greyhound

Chesterfield next! We will have to raise our game but we are capable of doing so.

Come on Oldham

I thought the manager said we were going for the jugular, doesn't sound like it.

Is truelove injured?

Wondering why he didn't start at left back, Browns been great since coming back but surely he could have gone RB and Truelove LB I mean what have we got to lose?

Keep hearing how he's this great prospect but we have barely seen him

Is truelove injured?

Wondering why he didn't start at left back, Browns been great since coming back but surely he could have gone RB and Truelove LB I mean what have we got to lose?

Keep hearing how he's this great prospect but we have barely seen him

He's always injured.

The rarely-wrong Chron's description does not do justice to the goal:

Winchester was released down the left by Mike Jones's quickly-taken free-kick and his cut-back was converted left-footed from the centre of the box...

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/91289/athletic-denied-by-late-equaliser

Actually, it was not quickly-taken and it was a brilliant 'Milliganesque' left leg behind right leg flick by Philliskirk. It was clearly a very well-worked training ground move.

The accounts of the goals haven't done it justice! Lovely, cute finish from Philly. Hopefully he can take this form into the next season.

Looked a foul on Brown but where is the desire from the defence? Half-hearted attempt at closing their man down, half-hearted jump from the defenders. Their man just wanted it more.

The rarely-wrong Chron's description does not do justice to the goal:

Winchester was released down the left by Mike Jones's quickly-taken free-kick and his cut-back was converted left-footed from the centre of the box...

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/91289/athletic-denied-by-late-equaliser

Actually, it was not quickly-taken and it was a brilliant 'Milliganesque' left leg behind right leg flick by Philliskirk. It was clearly a very well-worked training ground move.

It was well worked, but the right midfielder for Coventry needs locking up. He pointed at Winchester and still let him have acres of space...

Don't think it's a foul on Brown, it looks like he's thrown himself to the floor, which he's prone to doing. Row Z the ball and deal with the consequences later

foul everday of the week whichever way you look at it....especially from 20 yards away in the stand :coffee1: