LJ Opens His Gob Again - High & Mighty Attitude

There was an amusing stat he quoted in yesterday's Yorkshire Post where Barnsley's pass completion has doubled from 230 to 460 since his arrival.

It needs to be combined with a cutting edge Lee.

As for the BBC article, I wouldn't read too much into it. Despite being a promising manager he always had a habit of prattling on a little without actually saying anything.

He's guilty of nothing more than stating the bleeding obvious isn't he?

The constant lack of manners & general decorum from often far more intelligent, far better educated younger people than me never ceases to amaze...

There is certainly merit to what he says but I think he forgets how young he is himself at times, been a manager for only a short time and done ok, nothing more.

I think our a few of our lads grew tired of constantly having their attitudes and mentalities questioned after a defeat, sometimes the other team just plays better, nothing more to it than that.

Barnsley away opening game of the 15/16 season on a sunny August Saturday with 3,000 Latics fans behind the goal giving the little sh1t some stick....... as we start the season with a 2-0 away win, would be very satisfying indeed!

We have nothing to give him stick about yet. I'd rather we played them later in the season and hope we're above them at the time. Reckon we could take 3000 there? Sounds a lot to me.

Then be able to adapt the Gordon Strachan song to fit Johnson. That'd be very funny.

He's guilty of nothing more than stating the bleeding obvious isn't he?

The constant lack of manners & general decorum from often far more intelligent, far better educated younger people than me never ceases to amaze...

That's a dig at me, isn't it?

We have nothing to give him stick about yet. I'd rather we played them later in the season and hope we're above them at the time. Reckon we could take 3000 there? Sounds a lot to me.

Then be able to adapt the Gordon Strachan song to fit Johnson. That'd be very funny.

I think the odds of us finishing above Barnsley next season are longer than those we finish below them, hence opening game means we're level pegging.

We took 4,000 to Rochdale this season..... we have taken 6,000 to Barnsley very early on in a season before..... and opening game always gets a bigger following than others..... we took 700 to Colchester this season..... Barnsley isn't that far away.... and whenever a former manager is involved - regardless of your views about him - there is a bit of extra spice. Yes, I think 3,000 would be eminently achievable in this scenario.

I may not have expressed it too well in the OP, but what I was getting at was yes, there are people (young and old) who can't, for whatever reason, express themselves or communicate well. You only have to watch the odd post match interview to see that, but to highlight it in this way I believe can cause embarrassment to those it is aimed at.

The part I was mainly referring to was:

"You can improve people technically and you can motivate for a short period of time but generally people will revert to their natural personality."

He is saying, "I've done what I can to improve you, but it didn't work". Does that means he gives up on them?

"Johnson, whose side are seven points outside the play-offs in League One, said teams in the lower leagues could struggle to build a good team spirit because of the number of players they utilised in a season."

So, why leave a League 1 club to go to another? It's not as though they're riding high in the Championship. Was team spirit a problem at BP? Like others have said, he's gone and that's that, but I find his comments somewhat irritating. Opinions and all that.

I think the odds of us finishing above Barnsley next season are longer than those we finish below them, hence opening game means we're level pegging.

We took 4,000 to Rochdale this season..... we have taken 6,000 to Barnsley very early on in a season before..... and opening game always gets a bigger following than others..... we took 700 to Colchester this season..... Barnsley isn't that far away.... and whenever a former manager is involved - regardless of your views about him - there is a bit of extra spice. Yes, I think 3,000 would be eminently achievable in this scenario.

although not impossible to take 3000 I have to question the 6000...

wasnt that in 1991 after a season of amazing cups runs and a trip to Wembley plus an unbeaten start to the season?

we once got 40,000 into Boundary Park. We wont do that again either

although not impossible to take 3000 I have to question the 6000...

wasnt that in 1991 after a season of amazing cups runs and a trip to Wembley plus an unbeaten start to the season?

we once got 40,000 into Boundary Park. We wont do that again either

Sure, but what is there to question? It's a statement of fact, we did..... I'm not saying it'll happen again.... I'm merely using it as a barometer for 3,000

I may not have expressed it too well in the OP, but what I was getting at was yes, there are people (young and old) who can't, for whatever reason, express themselves or communicate well. You only have to watch the odd post match interview to see that, but to highlight it in this way I believe can cause embarrassment to those it is aimed at.

The part I was mainly referring to was:

"You can improve people technically and you can motivate for a short period of time but generally people will revert to their natural personality."

He is saying, "I've done what I can to improve you, but it didn't work". Does that means he gives up on them?

"Johnson, whose side are seven points outside the play-offs in League One, said teams in the lower leagues could struggle to build a good team spirit because of the number of players they utilised in a season."

So, why leave a League 1 club to go to another? It's not as though they're riding high in the Championship. Was team spirit a problem at BP? Like others have said, he's gone and that's that, but I find his comments somewhat irritating. Opinions and all that.

Death by analysis...

It'd be an almighty effort to take 3000 to anywhere but Rochdale, Bury or one of the Manchester clubs given the home crowds we get.

When was the last time we actually took even 2000 to a game that wasn't FA Cup or one of Bury or Rochdale? If I'm correct in my thinking I'd imagine it'd probably be a Huddersfield game maybe 4 or 5 years ago. Yorkshire clubs on a Saturday are usually a 1000-1400 job at the moment.

It'd be an almighty effort to take 3000 to anywhere but Rochdale, Bury or one of the Manchester clubs given the home crowds we get.

When was the last time we actually took even 2000 to a game that wasn't FA Cup or one of Bury or Rochdale? If I'm correct in my thinking I'd imagine it'd probably be a Huddersfield game maybe 4 or 5 years ago. Yorkshire clubs on a Saturday are usually a 1000-1400 job at the moment.

There are some potentially big away games next season though with Wigan and Blackpool back, Bury with a shout, Burton going up and being a new ground for most, Fleetwood, probably Sheffield, Dale, maybe even Rotherham.

Sure, but what is there to question? It's a statement of fact, we did..... I'm not saying it'll happen again.... I'm merely using it as a barometer for 3,000

I know you were using it as a borometer however using figures from 25 years ago, the clubs most successful period in history isnt much of a borometer is it?