OEC & Chaddy End Changes

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost 1 long serving fan. No-one asked my opinion and I don't want to move. 40 years of going, 28 years a season ticket holder.

I can see the nostalgic factor to it but at the end of the day you Support the club not a plastic seat. And if it's because you weren't asked Well I sit in the RRE and get shifted here there and everywhere without being asked but we just get on with it!

Edited by aaronoafc

It was brought up in the fans meeting that it didn't make sense to have us scattered on 4 sides.

It will be a tough one for some to take the chaddy being the new away end, but for progress then let it be so as previous comments have mentioned.

I will presume the new singing section will be the RRE? So it will be next to the new family small section hmmm could be a few choice songs being heard there by families...oh dear.

Edited by underdog

Fantastic news all round. Little by little change by change we are moving forward. EVERY business needs it. Instead of negating this one pointless aspect can we not just celebrate a great new stand opening, and the start of what we hope to be a superb recognisable brand in the OEC. This situation is for the good of the club as a whole surely

Lost 1 long serving fan. No-one asked my opinion and I don't want to move. 40 years of going, 28 years a season ticket holder.

A long serving fan that will stop because they cant sit in a particular plastic seat. Bit of a contradiction. Some people really are afraid of change aren't they. This is for the benefit of the club you say you support. So how about supporting them.

This should have been done years ago, can't wait for next season now, been in the Chaddy end for over 30 years and moved last season to the Rocky, only problem in the Rocky was being moved all the time. Look forward to next season sat in my own seat with a great view for all the home games :)

It was brought up in the fans meeting that it didn't make sense to have us scattered on 4 sides.

It will be a tough one for some to take the chaddy being the new away end, but for progress then let it be so as previous comments have mentioned.

I will presume the new singing section will be the RRE? So it will be next to the new family small section hmmm could be a few choice songs being heard there by families...oh dear.

Will the small section be the family section? The section could be tarted up a bit too to be branded family section. Even sponsored?

Yet again, what is the point in the Trust if you, and the supporters you represent, aren't openly consulted on a decision like this?

As has already been said, this is a progressive move. The club is moving forward step by step, after a decade of standing still. I understand the nostalgic element and the affection that some fans may feel for the Chaddy but it is just a stand.

We're still at Boundary Park watching our team play football, regardless of which seat we're sat in.

Our new stand is finally here and with it the chance to progress as a modern day football club. Let's all celebrate that fact and support the club's decision.