OEC & Chaddy End Changes

Although I've not been a regular in the Chaddy for a number of years, it's been nice to go in there and reminisce for the odd cup game. But it makes total sense to me to put home fans in the stand with the best facilities and the one that generates the most noise. It will be nice to out sing a large away following for once.

Anyway, it will be a North Stand season ticket for me!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost 1 long serving fan. No-one asked my opinion and I don't want to move. 40 years of going, 28 years a season ticket holder.

Why didn't you stop going when they made you pick a seat with a restricted view compared to the old Chaddy end?

I'm as nostalgic as the next person but the Chaddy End I will always remember is the one where I was lifted off my feet when we scored as we all surged forward.

The RRE is a better viewing experience

Yet again, what is the point in the Trust if you, and the supporters you represent, aren't openly consulted on a decision like this?

This

People have had the choice to go to RRE for 5-6 years and sample these 'great facilties' and many haven't taken that option, forcing them to do something they clearly don't want to do is a big mistake.

and this x1300+ who sit in the Chaddy.

This and the potential manager appointment (if it is one of the 3 listed in the chron) surely wipes out what ever increase in season ticket sales the club must have hoped to have with the opening of the new stand?

Fwiw I've sat in both and much prefer the RRE to the chaddy, but we saw what happened the last time we took a 'home stand' off the fans.

Bold decision, no strong opinion if it is the right or wrong one.

How many does the Chaddy hold? I can't imagine away fans in there in the event of a really big following.

Surprised at the pricing for the RRE, thought there might have been some sort of sweetener for the Chaddy lot.

Bold decision, no strong opinion if it is the right or wrong one.

How many does the Chaddy hold? I can't imagine away fans in there in the event of a really big following.

Surprised at the pricing for the RRE, thought there might have been some sort of sweetener for the Chaddy lot.

Holds about 3 and a half if I remember rightly. I don't remember the last time a club brought that many.

As a fan who wasn't here in the glory days past, I was lucky enough to spend my childhood in the broadway upper, and all my childhood memories of latics are sat up there - whether it be watching the Cardiff fans after their seventh and final goal, or seeing craig rocastle knock in the fifth against forest.

I like many was lost when they decided to knock down the broadway stand - just as many will be now moving from the chaddy!

But you have to accept that things change, for the better or worse dependant on opinion. I've made new memories in the RRE that will last me a lifetime, both atnospheres against everton and liverpool will stay with me forever. Yes, you still look back and remember the good old days, but go make new memories in different seats, go branch out and you never know you might even make new memories....be grateful you remember the chaddy in it's prime!!

Edit: I've still yet to experience a memorable game in the main stand...it's all torture and despair over there

Silly move.

RRE is where I'd rather sit and better than the Chaddy to any neutral, but the fans we're accommodating aren't neutral...

As ridiculous as it is to get so attached to a lump of metal, some have done that enough to not bother going anymore if they're not allowed to sit under it. And we don't have fans to lose.

The Chaddy is a stand built for standing and I can't wait until standing returns.

Edited by NewBlue

Will we now see the return of the paddock army!!! In the new Broadway stand!!! Make that the singing section if the RRE is family friendly

I can see a group of singers gravitating towards the chaddy end side of that broadway stand. To engage with the opposition fans.

I also assume that this means we have no intention of doing up the chaddy end anytime soon.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Is it not possible that with the new stand built, fans are being moved to the two bigger stands with a view to updating the main stand in 2016/17? The RRE and Broadway stand will accommodate more home fans if the main stand is going to take a long time to refurb/rebuild.

For me it makes sense to put away fans in the Chaddy to reduce the policing costs of splitting the RRE every weekend if this is the case.

Not one paying supporter would have been lost had they made the RRE away fans only again, which it has been for most of our history.

I fear a few hundred Chaddy Enders will be lost with this totally uneccessary decision.

Long standing Chaddy Enders & Main Standers have stood/sat in the same spot or seat, with or near the same people, for years and their parents and even grandparents before them.

You don't :censored: about with that type of "customer".

Especially for so little potential gain.

In fact, what do the club stand to gain here?

I don't see anything other than maybe slightly louder singing, but won't the main singers want to be in the New Stand next to the away fans?

And this Family Area in the small section of the RRE - for two years kids have been watching this fantastic new stand go up. Imagine the conversations in August

"are we going in the New Stand dad?"

"err, no"

"why not?"

"season tickets are still cheaper in the Family Section"

"oh, so we're staying in the Chaddy End? Same seats?"

"Err, no"

"Well where then?"

"You know that small section of the away end?......"