Poll. Moving home fans to the RRE, making Chaddy End for away fans only.

Chaddy End for away fans from start of 2015/6  

157 members have voted

1. 1. The Chaddy End will be for away fans only from 2015/6. Home fans are moved to RRE, with a family section

• I am a season ticket holder. I will renew.
    • I am a season ticket holder. I will not renew because of this move.
    • I am not a season ticket holder, I will still go to games despite the move
    • I am not a season ticket holder, I will not go to games because of this move
    • I am a season ticektholder, I will not got to games next season for reasons unrelated to the move.
    • I am not a season ticket holder, I will not go to games next season because of reasons unrelated to the move

So, the decision has finally been made.
At least there will be no more moving fans, and the crowd will be concentrated together.
The away fans get the worst stand.
But, a tradition of many years is lost.

What are you going to do?

Edited by singe

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main stand is the worst stand.

from a viewing point it is the best.

I took the view it did not have things like being close to the players, to the dugouts etc edged it into the worst. Neither are the best. Joint worst!

Main stand is by far the best, best view, no sun in eyes, you dont get wet, decent banter with the away bench, the atmosphere aint to bad, i might be lucky but there isnt to many moaners around me either.

Where are the options:

I am a season ticket holder. I will renew but I strongly object to moving out of the Chaddy.

I am not a season ticket holder. I will still go to games but I strongly object to moving out of the Chaddy.

The article on the official site says, "This decision has been taken following a long consultation period, including discussions with our supporters."

When did they consult the supporters?

Edited by laticsrblue

Where are the options:

I am a season ticket holder. I will renew but I strongly object to moving out of the Chaddy.

I am not a season ticket holder. I will still go to games but I strongly object to moving out of the Chaddy.

The article on the official site says, "This decision has been taken following a long consultation period, including discussions with our supporters."

Barry's a supporter. They consulted him.

Where are the options:

I pit it to one side LRB. It boils down to whether the decision makes you angry enough to not renew. I can't imagine many would actively prefer to move, or they would have done so already, so it was to gauge how strong the feeling are. Kudos to you for still going despite being angry about it.

The Chaddy may be home spiritually, but it has been but a shadow of it's former self for many years.

Moving to the Rochdale is the logical, sensible thing to do now - in my opinion.

But of course, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs!

Glass half full-ist that I am.

As a compromise why don't we all give it 12 months and see how it feels?

We can always move back if enough people want it. I'm going in either the main or new broadway stand I'm happy to go with the general consensus.

It's not our decision. Move on.

As a compromise why don't we all give it 12 months and see how it feels?

We can always move back if enough people want it. I'm going in either the main or new broadway stand I'm happy to go with the general consensus.

Moving back may not be a free option.

From the article:

"... upgrading the facilities in the existing three stands and making some seating changes..."
"Along with an increased capacity in the Rochdale Road Stand."
From this it would appear that the gap between the small and larege sections is being filled with seats.

Where are the options:

There have been many consultations over the last few years. The conclusion from every one, by a large margin was to leave things as they are.

I thought SC was a successful business man. If you upset your customers you lose them.

No point complaining about poor support and then alienating a large portion of it.

No doubt the thinking is that they will lose season ticket sales from Chaddy, but balance it out by sales in the new stand. They are so wrong, and I expect some Tuesday night crowds below 2000 next season.

There have been many consultations over the last few years. The conclusion from every one, by a large margin was to leave things as they are.

I thought SC was a successful business man. If you upset your customers you lose them.

No point complaining about poor support and then alienating a large portion of it.

No doubt the thinking is that they will lose season ticket sales from Chaddy, but balance it out by sales in the new stand. They are so wrong, and I expect some Tuesday night crowds below 2000 next season.

Where are these's Consultations over the past few years in which the consensus is to keep things how they are? Every time this debate crops up it seems the majority are in the camp of Giving the chaddy to away fans or not really being bothered either way.

There's an example on this page right now - 3 out of 70 odd votes saying they won't be going. Rest are either in favour or not bothered.

I would be stunned if the average attendance next season is any lower than the past few years. Once everyone calms down they will be filling in a ST application form like normal, just having to check a different box.

If we had voted and lost, ok that's democracy.

Being told, no option, is dictatorship.

Reading that we've been consulted with, when we haven't, Is shameless lies, something you would associate with the likes of the scum.

It's been an eventful 40-odd years but this is an insult too far - so stick it!!

By the way, is the mascot being renamed 'Rochdale The Owl'?

If we had voted and lost, ok that's democracy.

Being told, no option, is dictatorship.

Reading that we've been consulted with, when we haven't, Is shameless lies, something you would associate with the likes of the scum.

It's been an eventful 40-odd years but this is an insult too far - so stick it!!

By the way, is the mascot being renamed 'Rochdale The Owl'?

There was a survey on the website. Wish people would stop being bloody drama queens. Get on with it.

Where are these's Consultations over the past few years in which the consensus is to keep things how they are? Every time this debate crops up it seems the majority are in the camp of Giving the chaddy to away fans or not really being bothered either way.

There's an example on this page right now - 3 out of 70 odd votes saying they won't be going. Rest are either in favour or not bothered.

I would be stunned if the average attendance next season is any lower than the past few years. Once everyone calms down they will be filling in a ST application form like normal, just having to check a different box.

Contrary to what people on here think, this board is not representative of the fan base. How many votes are there? The evidence is there for all to see, every game there are more fans in the Chaddy than the RRE.

We shouldn't be fighting each other on here, if you want to go in the RRE there is nothing stopping you, unless the opposition are bringing decent support. Next season I won't have a choice of which end I sit in.

It's crazy for the club to alienate some of the most committed core support, and they will pay the price I'm afraid. Or should I say the remaining fans will pay the price.