Poll. Moving home fans to the RRE, making Chaddy End for away fans only.

Chaddy End for away fans from start of 2015/6  

157 members have voted

1. 1. The Chaddy End will be for away fans only from 2015/6. Home fans are moved to RRE, with a family section

• I am a season ticket holder. I will renew.
    • I am a season ticket holder. I will not renew because of this move.
    • I am not a season ticket holder, I will still go to games despite the move
    • I am not a season ticket holder, I will not go to games because of this move
    • I am a season ticektholder, I will not got to games next season for reasons unrelated to the move.
    • I am not a season ticket holder, I will not go to games next season because of reasons unrelated to the move

Can't believe people are that fussed about it. I've been in chaddy since i started going 10 years or so ago. It's nothing special and facilities are dire. A lot on twitter basically saying the chaddy 'died' when seating was put in, which i'd imagine is pretty much true.

It's hardly the kop end at Anfield. It's the worst stand (excluding the main), every other club tends to give their worst stand to away fans.

We need to create a fortress at home to stand a chance of being promoted, moving the away lot into the chaddy will keep the away fans quieter, which can only be a good thing.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People using this as an excuse not to support the club, are clearly just looking for a reason to stop going. Any proper fan would support the club no matter 'where you have to sit', as if it really matters.

New stands going to be up for start of next season, got to find something to moan about. People making out that it's as bad as the ched evans debate. Pathetic some of our so called fans at times.

Even this snapshot shows little negative impact. Personally, i used to love the Chaddy End. It had a great atmosphere back in the day. Sadly, it's been a morgue for over a decade. Beating Liverpool in the cup was a blast from the past, but it actually only highlighted how poor the atmosphere has become.

I prefer the Main Stand - terrible structure but much more fun...

I think this should have happened a long time ago.

An old stand with a rubbish atmosphere unless your sat directly in it.

Things change - a new ground would have meant no chaddy end. We have been stuck in league one for years lets try something different maybe a better atmosphere might translate to a better match day experience/enjoyment for eveyone

I can understand the reasons, and If as it appears a reasonable section of people cast votes on the OS then it's been done relatively openly.

But for those that remember growing up on the terraces and watching Royle's teams in their pomp attack the Chaddy it seems very sad.

It might not be the Kop, or the Stratford end....but it has been the home end for as long as I can remember. Yes its tatty and needs some TLC, but other clubs renovate and keep the tradition alive.

I know we cannot afford that, but I don't feel an affinity with the away end - the new stand gives an option that I will take, but somehow deep down I feel a bit sad.

It is obvious by the number of fans who regularly sit in the Chaddy that there is an affection and satisfaction for the experience. But I fail miserably to see why an undoubted love for the club is trumped by were you are able to sit.

I grew up in the Chaddy, had a spell in the Ford until it was demolished, transferred to a regular shuffle in the RRE and finally came to rest in the Main Stand. It never, ever, crossed my mind that I would stop watching the club I love over the issue of where I sit/stand.

I regularly travel to away matches and quite happily watch 'my' team from all types of vantage points and catering facilities. Where I plonk my arse is totally irrelevant.

The club are trying to take us forward, the family area is a great idea. Behind the goals is usually where discounted tickets are offered. If you were trying to introduce a new family income stream, the RRE is where you would pitch it because of it's superior viewing from any angle. The same goes for attracting any new business/fan base. They want a good view and better facilities.

Football fanship is a strange beast. At present we are down to the bare bones of around 3,500 regulars. I can't for the life of me see any one of these stalwarts dumping the club over this issue.

Move on!

Edited by mikeroyboy

It is obvious by the number of fans who regularly sit in the Chaddy that there is an affection and satisfaction for the experience. But I fail miserably to see why an undoubted love for the club is trumped by were you are able to sit.

Where have any of them said that that's the case?

I heard the figure from a number sources that over 1,300 responded to the March survey.

Surely that represents a healthy percentage of our supporter base?

I filled in the survey, but there wasn't a single question about closing the Chaddy to home fans as far as I remember.

I've been in the RRE and don't find the facilities any better, nor the view. If it's fairly full then anyone forced to sit in the front half will be frozen to death in the winter rain. For this reason I regard it as as an inferior stand to the Chaddy. It's nothing to do with tradition for me, although I've been in it for over 40 years. Back n the day we were able to change ends at half time, or before the game started if we lost the toss, and I did this as well.

On another subject I would not now be in favour of Holden getting the managers job because he has been told by people above him to play to the Chaddy first half. Therefore he is not his own man. What other reason is there for playing the same way the opposition would pay if they won the toss.

I filled in the survey, but there wasn't a single question about closing the Chaddy to home fans as far as I remember.

I've been in the RRE and don't find the facilities any better, nor the view. If it's fairly full then anyone forced to sit in the front half will be frozen to death in the winter rain. For this reason I regard it as as an inferior stand to the Chaddy.

Hallelujah. I thought I was going mad....

On another subject I would not now be in favour of Holden getting the managers job because he has been told by people above him to play to the Chaddy first half. Therefore he is not his own man. What other reason is there for playing the same way the opposition would pay if they won the toss.

Seriously?

Which stand are people going to move to,I'm a season ticket holder in the RRE but was thinking of going in the north stand when it opens purely for better facility's. But I might stay in RRE now it's going to be more populated or will the majority choose the new stand

I've been in the RRE and don't find the facilities any better, nor the view. If it's fairly full then anyone forced to sit in the front half will be frozen to death in the winter rain. For this reason I regard it as as an inferior stand to the Chaddy. It's nothing to do with tradition for me, although I've been in it for over 40 years. Back n the day we were able to change ends at half time, or before the game started if we lost the toss, and I did this as well.

How on earth do you know he has been told that? I highly doubt he has been told. Might it be his choice?

But what difference at all does it makee? Given our home record, it did not make a jot of difference before.

Edited by singe

Which stand are people going to move to,I'm a season ticket holder in the RRE but was thinking of going in the north stand when it opens purely for better facility's. But I might stay in RRE now it's going to be more populated or will the majority choose the new stand

6 of us moving from the RRE to the North Stand. Feel like we might aswell for the same price.

If there had been a consultation of all season ticket holders in the Chaddy and 51% had voted to move would those who are so unhappy about the change have accepted that and gone to the RRE with good grace?

I wouldn't have been happy. And I won't be going in the RRE next year (consulted or not) but I could have accepted the decision.

But 51% wouldn't have said yes. We've had the choice for the last few years and decided to stay in the Chaddy. So if 51% of us would have wanted to move, then why pay the extra for a chaddy season ticket?

No consultation was necessary.

Fans voted with their feet every time Latics were at home and both the RRE and the Chaddy were open to home supporters. All the club had to do was to count how many fans chose to go into each of the stands.

Which stand do you think has had the most votes?

Edited by laticsrblue

No consultation was necessary.

Fans voted with their feet every time Latics were at home and both the RRE and the Chaddy were open to home supporters. All the club had to do was to count how many fans chose to go into each of the stands.

Which stand do you think has had the most votes?

Go on, I'll humour you - is it the Chaddy or the RRE?