Poll. Moving home fans to the RRE, making Chaddy End for away fans only.

Chaddy End for away fans from start of 2015/6  

157 members have voted

1. 1. The Chaddy End will be for away fans only from 2015/6. Home fans are moved to RRE, with a family section

• I am a season ticket holder. I will renew.
    • I am a season ticket holder. I will not renew because of this move.
    • I am not a season ticket holder, I will still go to games despite the move
    • I am not a season ticket holder, I will not go to games because of this move
    • I am a season ticektholder, I will not got to games next season for reasons unrelated to the move.
    • I am not a season ticket holder, I will not go to games next season because of reasons unrelated to the move

I wouldn't have been happy. And I won't be going in the RRE next year (consulted or not) but I could have accepted the decision.

But 51% wouldn't have said yes. We've had the choice for the last few years and decided to stay in the Chaddy. So if 51% of us would have wanted to move, then why pay the extra for a chaddy season ticket?

Question might not just have been yes/no Could have been, for example, if making the switch enabled us to save £x on policing coists which we would spend on a good bar and food area on the concourse from which we wil plough all profits back into the playing staff would you be happy to switch?

...which might have tweaked the results..

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No consultation was necessary.

Fans voted with their feet every time Latics were at home and both the RRE and the Chaddy were open to home supporters. All the club had to do was to count how many fans chose to go into each of the stands.

Which stand do you think has had the most votes?

That would be because more season tickets were sold for the Chaddy than the RRE then...

Chaddy season tickets cost more than RRE ones, so even with a financial disincentive more fans chose the Chaddy.

We are creatures of habit ..... Most people will sit where they've always sat and will have had no interest in moving.

A little push is all that's needed and the club have obliged.... All this hysteria will be gone by the seasons opener and the Chaddy will be a distant memory.

The club have made a brave decision which I and many others believe is the right one.

This goes back to the original redevelopment of the ground, although granted the RRE probably needed more work, it now seems strange that they spent more money on the RRE end than the Chaddy. A decent refurb of the Chaddy at that time would have meant no move now.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

No consultation was necessary.

Fans voted with their feet every time Latics were at home and both the RRE and the Chaddy were open to home supporters. All the club had to do was to count how many fans chose to go into each of the stands.

Which stand do you think has had the most votes?

Bit of an irrelevant point really due to the athleticos. Quite a few would have chose to be nearer to them, to join in when we was pushing for play offs earlier in the season.

There was a real feel good atmosphere for a few months, so that will probably have swayed a larger number then we'd probably have expected, to switch rre for the chaddy.