bbc sport fa cup tics 3 v man u 3 1990

take a look at bbc sport under fa cup section to find highlights of latics v manure in 1990

think they intended showing this at half time of reading v arsenal

a lot of us have seen it before but great memories

crowds standing and reds with faces like slapped arses as we competed with a very strong reds outfit

we weren't too bad ourselves owtb

Boo hoo, sniff....interesting that Ricky also said he did not enjoy the experience as they were all knackered and Marshy was considering a cortisone injection into the muscle in order to play. Ricky said it would have eaten his thigh muscle and ended his career and sooooo,glad he didn't.

Also echo the earlier poster above, that if they played the league cup the same time they do now...earlier then we would have battered Forest and if my mind then beaten united and they would have said goodbye to fergie.

But oh so great to watch....I have that year on video patched together everytime we a on tv but it's costly to convert to cd I believe. It's on a re-record not fade away video...hahah

Also echo the earlier poster above, that if they played the league cup the same time they do now...earlier then we would have battered Forest and if my mind then beaten united and they would have said goodbye to fergie.

iirc season was shortened so england had time to prepare for italia 90 so final was earlier than usual just our luck

iirc season was shortened so england had time to prepare for italia 90 so final was earlier than usual just our luck

I'd always thought the final was played much later than usual so I had a look. The 1990 League Cup final was on 29th April. The '89 final was on 9th April, the '88 final on the 24th April and the '87 final on 5th April.

So if anything it was played later than the previous finals but not by much. It looks tremendously late compared to this year's 1st March final though.

Oh what might have been...

Found it.

Thirteen goals in a day. Nuts.

Brilliant. I have such a mix of emotions and vivid memories when I watch this game.

Pride - that I was there to see it and able to revel it amongst all the United fans that surrounded me at school.

Sadness - that I'll never see it [to this level] again.... save a brief moment like City in '05, Everton '08, Liverpool and Everton '13.

Anger. - that we were cheated out of an FA Cup Final..... not once, but twice but that shower of sh1te from up the road.

If I close my eyes, I can feel the warmth of the sun that day..... and remember the walk along the streets of Moss Side as news was filtering that Palace had won.

Barry Davies' commentary still makes the hairs on my neck stand up.... "Palmer farside.... it's all square again. This is the stuff of schoolboy comics", "Marshall!, what an unbelievable day this is"

I have to say Jim Leighton has balls of steel...to take one right in the nuts from marshys studs, rips the undercarriage of his shorts takes them off and still carries on.

Can you imagine that today....and Barlows cheeky little push...oohphs