Send off for the Chaddy

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill ring up next week and find out, if not we can just organise it to all meet outside the White Hart, im sure atleast 1 on the top road will be open before 11

It's open at 10.30.

Are you going to engage in some form of mither in disgust at the decision once you get there?

I hope so

1,2,3,4 Listen to the Rochdale Road End Roar doesn't have the same ring to it does it?

Gutted that due to circumstances (working away, and not checking the day of the final home match...Sunday? Seriously?.....when planning events) means I am likely to miss the last 2 home games of the season. Under normal circumstances a mate would use the ST, the games are meaningless and I can shrug it off.

After 30 years of standing/sitting in the home end I am more bothered than I thought I would be by the fact I will never sit there again. I queued for ages (perhaps overnight, but that could have been for Liverpool away tickets) to pick the seats we have...progress eh? Gotta love it.

1,2,3,4 Listen to the Rochdale Road End Roar doesn't have the same ring to it does it?

Gutted that due to circumstances (working away, and not checking the day of the final home match...Sunday? Seriously?.....when planning events) means I am likely to miss the last 2 home games of the season. Under normal circumstances a mate would use the ST, the games are meaningless and I can shrug it off.

After 30 years of standing/sitting in the home end I am more bothered than I thought I would be by the fact I will never sit there again. I queued for ages (perhaps overnight, but that could have been for Liverpool away tickets) to pick the seats we have...progress eh? Gotta love it.

1 2 3 4 listen to the Rochdale Road...... fixed it!

It's not closed for good.

Corney - who is actively trying to flog the club - has sanctioned this move. The employees of football clubs move on, the fans do not. In a year's time we may well have a new owner, a new safety officer, a new board that consults and responds to fans wishes to sit in the Chaddy. Safe-standing will probably be legalised in the next few years, and the destination in BP it will go is in the Chaddy.

Celebrate its history, but this dramatic notion it will never be open to home fans ever again, ever, forever, is very silly.

It's not closed for good.

Corney - who is actively trying to flog the club - has sanctioned this move. The employees of football clubs move on, the fans do not. In a year's time we may well have a new owner, a new safety officer, a new board that consults and responds to fans wishes to sit in the Chaddy. Safe-standing will probably be legalised in the next few years, and the destination in BP it will go is in the Chaddy.

Celebrate its history, but this dramatic notion it will never be open to home fans ever again, ever, forever, is very silly.

Especially when it is realised that, if enough people are willing to sing, there is nothing wrong with the Chaddy End's acoustics after all.

Especially when it is realised that, if enough people are willing to sing, there is nothing wrong with the Chaddy End's acoustics after all.

True there is nothing wrong with the chaddy if people sing, however if the same amount of people are willing to sing in the RRE it would be louder. IMO Brentford at home last season settled this.

Neither does 1,2,3,4 listen to the Chadderton Road End roar....but you don't sing that do you!

1,2,3,4, listen to the Rocky Roar will suffice.

1,2,3,4 Listen to the Rocky Roar....does work I suppose.

Still doesn't stop me feeling a little sad.

Ideal for me would be a redevelopment of the Chaddy roof at some point to remove the posts and some safe standing and we return at some point.

Is Scholes a Latics fan?

He says not:

"People automatically think I'm an Oldham fan, but I have always been United. My dad took me to a few games, but it was always really hard to get tickets for Old Trafford. He was an Oldham fan so, from the age of nine or ten, he started to take me to Boundary Park because we could get in! “

He says not:

"People automatically think I'm an Oldham fan, but I have always been United. My dad took me to a few games, but it was always really hard to get tickets for Old Trafford. He was an Oldham fan so, from the age of nine or ten, he started to take me to Boundary Park because we could get in! “

and yet he still comes to games without his dad. He must struggle like a bitch to get tickets at Old Trafford nowadays

1,2,3,4 Listen to the Rocky Roar....does work I suppose.

Still doesn't stop me feeling a little sad.

Ideal for me would be a redevelopment of the Chaddy roof at some point to remove the posts and some safe standing and we return at some point.

A brand new stand then :)

Is Scholes a Latics fan?

He says not:

:lol: