Sheffield Star: LJ could mount Latics raid

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're the one who brought up January - I'm just saying that someone will be willing to give us something for him. And don't you kid yourself that if a Championship club comes in that Winchester will turn around and say "no, it's alright I'll continue at Latics for now, thanks" Also, he will have played one full season once this one ends.

Champioship clubs wont come in for him....

This season he has been dropped multiple times and doesnt finish games more often than not. He needs a full season to prove he not only has the talent but that his body is up to league1 football never mind championship.

I brought up January because as like you now everyone was saying he will be off. He wasnt and he wont be.

Jones would be the biggest loss out of the current lot . I imagine LJ will target him first .

Didn't Jones move here to be closer to his family on the Wirral? I wouldn't want to commute from Merseyside to Barnsley every day, even if for the late start that footballers tend to have.

LJ's Plan Bs were far better than many of his predecessors.

For starters he often had them.

I can't think of one occasion in which he utilised a plan B.

It was his lack of a back up plan that cost us against the bottom four teams.

Yeah but the difference is now that they have 3 months to negotiate a proper price rather than rush one through in a month.

International footballer who plays (45/60 minutes) every week, is a reasonable driving force in the middle and has age on his side. Somebodies going to take a punt.

Doesnt tackle, never gets to the byeline and has never scored consistently. Give me Jones anytime

Then recent history is clouding your judgment.

Making a couple of desperate half time subs is one thing, I'm talking about him trying the same thing every time against the bottom four clubs, despite it clearly not working.

Making a couple of desperate half time subs is one thing, I'm talking about him trying the same thing every time against the bottom four clubs, despite it clearly not working.

TBF he tried he 3 at the back against Yeovil, that was different. Although the end result was the same.

I can't think of one occasion in which he utilised a plan B.

It was his lack of a back up plan that cost us against the bottom four teams.

Best example was probably Preston at home in the JPT - 1-0 down at HT, triple sub and we bossed them for the next 35 minutes. Then the keeper decided to be a dick.

Having read what Johnson has openly said about looking at some of our players to Barnsley's local rag, you can't help but think he reeks of a lack of any sort of class.

As frustrating as a manager taking the best players with him, most would at least respect the club and its fans by going about it privately, but announcing interest in our players through the media is shameless.

May still be bitter about the reception he received at BP after he single-handedly built the new stand...

That's a good indication his plan A wasn't working.

He did get us closer to the play-offs than we have been in years.

Johnson has his flaws and I'm enjoying watching Barnsley struggling at the moment

But I think he will have a fairly good long term managerial career.

He did get us closer to the play-offs than we have been in years.

Johnson has his flaws and I'm enjoying watching Barnsley struggling at the moment

But I think he will have a fairly good long term managerial career.

Probably over 2/3 of the league has flirted with the playoffs this season. It's a weak and inconsistent division this year and he's done what probably most other managers would do.

He may well go on to do something at Barnsley with their bigger budget, but he succeeded in only one thing at OAFC and that is being as inconsistent as every other manager to pass through the door in the last 20 years.