Kusunga released

Strange. He always scores vs Posh, should have kept him for that!

I liked Kusunga, yeah he cocked up occasionally, but he was a decent centre-half, and was brought in and out of the team, never given a consistent run.

Big indicator it'll be Holden. Surely we shouldn't be making any contract decisions whilst we don't have a manager, unless it's Holden.

Strange. He always scores vs Posh, should have kept him for that!

I liked Kusunga, yeah he cocked up occasionally, but he was a decent centre-half, and was brought in and out of the team, never given a consistent run.

Big indicator it'll be Holden. Surely we shouldn't be making any contract decisions whilst we don't have a manager, unless it's Holden.

See O4U post.

If we can save 3 months wages on any fringe player it wouldnt be the decision of a caretaker or any potential future manager. Where's Mellor-less wages?

We won't have saved 3 months' wages; Latics will have paid up most of the remainder of his contract in settlement.

Thought he made a decent right back and centre back. Good versatility and a bit of a shame he couldn't play regularly. His Champions League experience will be sorely missed. He will forever be the best Swiss-Angolan Oldham Athletic player. :grin:

Decision is understandable with his injury problems, not sure who has made it though; unless he asked to leave this may say Holden has the job.

I think he was probably on his way out soon anyways after the bad results in December and LJ leaving him out of the squad entirely. Might just be a mutual decision so he can head back to Switzerland, if he already said he wanted to head back then the decision is already made.

Good luck to the lad that posh winner will be forever remembered ....................Hopefully this is clearing the way for a bid to sign Gerrard with money from the inevitable selling of one or two of our better players in the summer.

I don't think it means Holden as got the job though.......more likely imho that SC or even a new manager pulled the strings.

Pretty sure his injury record (club) and a wish to start again somewhere else (player) will have made this decision inevitable.

He was a good and versatile squad member when fit but I guess he was on decent money and we can't afford to carry players who are on the treatment table more than the pitch.

I'm pretty sure this would have happened regardless of who the new manager is.