Played: 14

Win: 3 (21.43%)

Draw: 4 (28.57%)

Loss: 7 (50.00%)

Shots on target: 40 or 2.86 per game.

Goals: 12 (0.86 per game)

Goals against: 22 (1.57 per game)

8 games v teams 10th or lower

6 games v teams 7th or higher (ALL at home)

Stats sometimes mislead. These don't imo.

Edited by kowenicki

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What ever input the Holden, Lockwood & Philiskirk have had, it clearly is not working

That's fine, and I agree it hasn't been particularly pretty for the most part, but in that case they should all be copping the flack for it - but then that wouldn't suit peoples agenda.

Not being funny, but I don't get the notion we should keep Holden as a coach? Granted he was a good pro and all that, served us well etc. But if the new man wants his own staff in, we shouldn't exactly be fighting to keep him involved!

End of the day, if he was that good a coach, L** J****** would've took him to Baarnsley

Should be noted his 3 wins were two 1-0 wins away at Port Vale and Crewe, where if I can remember rightly weren't the most compelling games or performances from ourselves..

And then the 3-0 drubbing of our neighbours.

Arguably two spirited performances against Bristol City and Sheffield Utd at home which ended in draws.

Not being funny, but I don't get the notion we should keep Holden as a coach? Granted he was a good pro and all that, served us well etc. But if the new man wants his own staff in, we shouldn't exactly be fighting to keep him involved!

End of the day, if he was that good a coach, L** J****** would've took him to Baarnsley

I don't think anyone is arguing to keep him on as a coach...more just pointing out the only role he should be doing for us is a coach

I don't want Holden booted out of the club, he's a young coach still learning his trade and has shown some positive signs. He's been thrown in at the deep end and after LJ left I was seriously concerned that we were going to do what Port Vale have done and drop like a stone. He's not won many but the wins he's got were in crucial games.

That said, there's been too many negative performances with barely a shot on target and for that to happen in a game like today is unacceptable. There's no way he should be our manager next season, if he is we'll struggle.

Holden should be offered a coaching role to be a motivator...someone else on to be the brains please. Need to have more attacking options, plans, tactics, shots and goals

No thanks, I see no evidence of his motivation in the last couple of games.

The second part is correct, the new manager needs to bring in a coach with a fresh positive outlook.

I don't think anyone is arguing to keep him on as a coach...more just pointing out the only role he should be doing for us is a coach

I don't want him as a coach, what has he brought to the team since he arrived?

I don't even want Holden to stay as a coach anymore.....well done to him as a manager guiding us into our usual finishing position in the league though.

He's managed us like he never wanted the job playing 1 up front at home is gonna have the stands rocking !

How will this end of season form affect ST sales? In conjunction with the Chaddy closing, there may well be far less fans than expected taking advantage of the new stand. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there was yet another decrease in numbers.

Holden's record may be exaggerated by the whole injury crisis but it's still piss-poor, and we've been playing some dreadful football along the way. Unfair to lay all the blame on him but it's always been for him to earn the job, not for us to owe him anything. No reason he can't slot back into the coaching role, he's young and only just retired with plenty of time to come again.

I have a feeling on Saturday next week we'll be impressed by the man to take over.

I do worry that the directors expect/have planned that the new stand will increase season ticket by circa 10%. Which had we had a just above average stadium and a positive momentum going into a new season with new hope of a new manager may have been a possibility. The reality is we are at a pretty low eb and the new stand will do well to break the same numbers as this year.

Unless...they pull a white rabbit out of the managers hat! Blind optimism is hoping they are trying to dampen our expectations to emphasise a coup like Dowie or Rosler

How will this end of season form affect ST sales? In conjunction with the Chaddy closing, there may well be far less fans than expected taking advantage of the new stand. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there was yet another decrease in numbers.

Holden's record may be exaggerated by the whole injury crisis but it's still piss-poor, and we've been playing some dreadful football along the way. Unfair to lay all the blame on him but it's always been for him to earn the job, not for us to owe him anything. No reason he can't slot back into the coaching role, he's young and only just retired with plenty of time to come again.

I have a feeling on Saturday next week we'll be impressed by the man to take over.

If I find out next Sunday on the way to the ground he's selected a team with two holding midfielders and one up front I'll be turning round and going back home, and on that basis if he gets the job I won't be returning next season.

An inspiring managerial appointment or even more revolutionary a takeover will see a boost to season tickets.

A cheap unispiring option and same old same old in the boardroom and no further plans to develop Boundary Park and they will drop.

I sympathise with holden to a point (injuries etc) but i'm tired of dull toothless negative garbage like this.....'standard' 2-0 defeats without a whimper - i would say that too many of this squad is using the recent changes as a big excuse to hide behind- they need a giant kick up the arse from someone with fresh ideas and a plan to change things when needed.

I dont actually care who the next manager is - im more concerned about the concerns i have mentioned

An inspiring managerial appointment or even more revolutionary a takeover will see a boost to season tickets.

A cheap unispiring option and same old same old in the boardroom and no further plans to develop Boundary Park and they will drop.

You have called it right, hope SC is listening.

Nah, not obsessed, more amused and bemused at how clueless people are.

Getting a bit tired of your aggressive posting. How about you educate us. People are allowed an opinion pal. Just how is it clueless to have the opinion the vast majority seem to have.