Holden stats as manager

You have called it right, hope SC is listening.

I hope he is going to pull a rabbit out of the hat although I'm braced for a feeling of meh! Still atleast if that's the case I will get my pick of the seats in the new stand. Although a Glossop North End season ticket which will be considerably cheaper is looking like a legitimate alternative at the moment.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah SC not listening, he's too busy copying his mate Mike Ashley.

Stick a double bet on Newcastle and Oldham to go down next season !!

What a perfect example of what going for the cheaper option does when appointing someone from within when the manager :censored:s off.

:censored: football, dwindling crowds, no ambition and no enjoyment anymore add's up to me not getting a season ticket for the first time in probably 15 years.

What a perfect example of what going for the cheaper option does when appointing someone from within when the manager :censored:s off.

:censored: football, dwindling crowds, no ambition and no enjoyment anymore add's up to me not getting a season ticket for the first time in probably 15 years.

SC should be listening, you won't be alone.

Getting a bit tired of your aggressive posting. How about you educate us. People are allowed an opinion pal. Just how is it clueless to have the opinion the vast majority seem to have.

We have won 7 games since the Evans link first surfaced in early December, having won 9 between September and November.

It's ridiculous to judge him.... It's not his team... Not his players... We're playing a convoluted 4-2-3-1 diamond formation... Which is a legacy of LJs players... We need a manager who will play 4-4-2 with 2 wingers..Deano might want that, we don't know.

The fact is he continued the same negative tactics, particularly at home as LJ, he chose to do that when he could have given fans some positive optimism for the future.

2 shots on goal today is not acceptable by any standards, after all it wasn't a team of untried kids he selected to play against Walsall, most were experienced players.

It's ridiculous to judge him.... It's not his team... Not his players... We're playing a convoluted 4-2-3-1 diamond formation... Which is a legacy of LJs players... We need a manager who will play 4-4-2 with 2 wingers..Deano might want that, we don't know.

The diamond formation isnt carved in stone- he could easily play 442 - two up top partnership - poleon and winchester as the supply and kelly and jones as the engine.

Well said that man.

I'm as disappointed as anyone at how the season has fizzled out but folk are aiming their weapons in the wrong direction, the blame lies in the boardroom, nowhere else.

The fact is he continued the same negative tactics, particularly at home as LJ, he chose to do that when he could have given fans some positive optimism for the future.

2 shots on goal today is not acceptable by any standards, after all it wasn't a team of untried kids he selected to play against Walsall, most were experienced players.

Why so many he's?

It is a management team, not a one man band.

Well said that man.

I'm as disappointed as anyone at how the season has fizzled out but folk are aiming their weapons in the wrong direction, the blame lies in the boardroom, nowhere else.

We mostly disagree about the management, but can't argue with the last bit.

I will wait a month then I will probably agree with you

I wouldn't dispute the premise of this post. I would argue that he has been overly negative in his tactics, but it would be wrong to judge him on this stint.

HOWEVER, he had to EARN the job. It's not for us to make excuses for poor results, if he did well then perhaps we'd give him the job. The fact is we haven't.

If he has blown Corney away with his application then fair enough - I won't be happy if he gets the job because he's inexperienced and a cheap option, in the same way I wasn't initially enthused by Johnson, not because of the record of this run of results.

Edited by NewBlue

Well said that man.

For all the boards poor decision making in 2015

It still doesn't mean Holden is right man for the job.

Don't worry they will get it in the neck from people if they make the wrong decision and not without good reason.

It's been interesting to listen to fellow Latics fans today calling Rhys Murphy, Turner, Philliskirk and Bove for being ineffective.

I agree they all have been.... But owing to the fact that they have two balls to deal with... The one into feet... Or the one over their heads to run on To...it's difficult to be able to judge any of them. Who knows, they could all be 20 goals a season strikers for all we know.

Not once did any of them have A ball to attack. I'm serious when I say, we need fookin wingers!!!!

I wouldn't dispute the premise of this post. I would argue that he has been overly negative in his tactics, but it would be wrong to judge him on this stint.

HOWEVER, he had to EARN the job. It's not for us to make excuses for poor results, if he did well then perhaps we'd give him the job. The fact is we haven't.

If he has blown Corney away with his application then fair enough - I won't be happy if he gets the job because he's inexperienced and a cheap option, in the same way I wasn't initially enthused by Johnson, not because of the record of this run of results.

I'm not sure he was ever really in the frame unless results went spectacularly well, Yates was touted for it very early on.

I have asked this a couple of times, still not 100% sure. How many injuries do we have at the moment?

If its not calf injuries its some illness or other, still a strong enough team to go out and be positive rather than negative though.

And tbh im a bit weary of this fixation on formations - i want to watch a team go out on the front foot - the 2 best teams i have seen this season (swindon and mkdons) play that way and i honestly couldnt tell you what formation they play - they just play with plenty of positivity and movement.

14 games.

100 shots.

40 shots on target. (1 game with 0 on target, 4 games with only 1).

That's rank. Not good enough. Negative tactics is why he shouldn't get it. 2 sitting midfielders isn't necessarily defensive, Chelsea, Southampton, amongst others have played it all year. What is a problem, is lumping it long to various small strikers, Kelly Jones and Winiesta spend 90 minutes watching a centre half hoof it over their heads, whilst our strikers have to chase aimless balls.

He categorically shouldn't get it. I'm not convinced Dowie's the answer either, so maybe the Yates/Ashworth route is the best way to go.

14 games.

100 shots.

40 shots on target. (1 game with 0 on target, 4 games with only 1).

That's rank. Not good enough. Negative tactics is why he shouldn't get it. 2 sitting midfielders isn't necessarily defensive, Chelsea, Southampton, amongst others have played it all year. What is a problem, is lumping it long to various small strikers, Kelly Jones and Winiesta spend 90 minutes watching a centre half hoof it over their heads, whilst our strikers have to chase aimless balls.

He categorically shouldn't get it. I'm not convinced Dowie's the answer either, so maybe the Yates/Ashworth route is the best way to go.

You wouldn't want Dowie but would be alright with Ashworth?

Ok...