I know this won't go down well with some folk on here but I'm listening to Radio 5 and it's Radio Bournemouth/Claridge tonight. They are up already, you won't find a pitch like this anywhere in the world and they play the right way, beautiful place to live,Eddie Howe who has lived here all his life ( they must have moved Burnley)

Come on Wanderers!

I really want Bournemouth to go up, as Dave_Og says it's very reminiscent of us. Plus it gives all us L1 strugglers hope that even in this era of billionaire oil baron owners, its possible for a small town club to make it to the big time.

Even though they are owned by a......billionaire oil mogul!

Yes I am glad someone has posted this as I agree they are a joy to watch and will have half of the UK willing them on - a bit like OAFC back in the day.

Sadly this style is miles away from the basic slow stuff we play and Dean or whoever please note how much the ball was played on the floor- watching Latics lately it is all aerial speculative stuff- these Bournemouth players work for each other run constantly and always find the feet of teamates

The last two promotions have come from the millions of the Russian owner (although they still probably aren't near the top spenders in the Championship), but the job he did before going to Burnley was astonishing. Surviving near certain relegation from League 2 in the 1st season, promotion the next with a transfer embargo followed by taking them to 3rd in our league with no money before he left. Remarkable.

As others have said above, their style is really great to watch too!

I know they have spent money, and a lot will ahve gone on wages, but I did think it was more that they have spent

Here is a list:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/bournemouth/english-football-teams/bournemouth-transfers

Better than I thought, nad all praise to Eddie Howe.

How close were we to getting Eddie Howe as a player! And I recall a few of us saying he was past it for a winger. What if !

PS were lots of Bournemouth players signed "Undisclosed"!!?

Edited by singe

I know they have spent money, and a lot will ahve gone on wages, but I did think it was more that they have spent

Here is a list:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/bournemouth/english-football-teams/bournemouth-transfers

Better than I thought, nad all praise to Eddie Howe.

How close were we to getting Eddie Howe as a player! And I recall a few of us saying he was past it for a winger. What if !

PS were lots of Bournemouth players signed "Undisclosed"!!?

He was a centre back though I appreciate several of our managers over the years may well have tried him as a winger.

My brother reminded me last night that when Bournemouth got promoted from our division and played at Tranmere on the last day of the season, Tranmere refused to let their fans take inflatables into the ground and if Bournemouth had won the league they wouldn't have allowed the trophy to be presented to them.

Karma's a bitch. Congratulations, Bournemouth.

Yes, more is coming to light about their finances.

A bit more than £4m.

This from City AM

http://www.cityam.com/214581/how-bournemouths-promotion-push-was-funded-russian-millionaire

When the south coast club seized promotion to the Championship two seasons ago, they did so as League One’s biggest spenders, having outlayed £1.38m - over £1m more than anyone else. Yet in the process the Cherries also racked up a hefty £15.3m loss and required an £8.7m loan from their wealthy benefactor to ease the burden.

The accounts for their first season in the Championship are yet to be released, although they have continued to spend more than they earn when it comes to transfers.
Where does the FFP league come into this? I am not accusing them of skulduggery, i have no idea, but surely the fianinces are not straightforward.
Edited by singe

A bit more than £4m.

This from City AM

http://www.cityam.com/214581/how-bournemouths-promotion-push-was-funded-russian-millionaire

When the south coast club seized promotion to the Championship two seasons ago, they did so as League One’s biggest spenders, having outlayed £1.38m - over £1m more than anyone else. Yet in the process the Cherries also racked up a hefty £15.3m loss and required an £8.7m loan from their wealthy benefactor to ease the burden.

The accounts for their first season in the Championship are yet to be released, although they have continued to spend more than they earn when it comes to transfers.
Where does the FFP league come into this? I am not accusing them of skulduggery, i have no idea, but surely the fianinces are not straightforward.

I find it hard to believe the biggest spenders other than them in League One, spent less than £400k.

A bit more than £4m.

This from City AM

When the south coast club seized promotion to the Championship two seasons ago, they did so as League Ones biggest spenders, having outlayed £1.38m - over £1m more than anyone else. Yet in the process the Cherries also racked up a hefty £15.3m loss and required an £8.7m loan from their wealthy benefactor to ease the burden.

Seems flawed that, no chance the next biggest spenders only shelled out £0.38M, wasn't out playing budget supposed to be £1M??

I could be Wong but I don't think the Championship clubs have adopted FFP have they?

Seems flawed that, no chance the next biggest spenders only shelled out £0.38M, wasn't out playing budget supposed to be £1M??

I could be Wong but I don't think the Championship clubs have adopted FFP have they?

They do but it has and is being watered down at different times.

The £1.38M will be the transfer fees paid bear in mind the majority of clubs at this level sign players on free transfers that.The wage bill is much higher as is stated.

Championship clubs do have to abide by FFP.