25 Years Ago Today - Littlewoods League Cup Final

Wow time flies, can't believe it's 25 years ago to the day 29th April 1990 since we lost to Nottingham Forest at Wembley in the Littlewoods League Cup Final.

I will never forget that day, one of the proudest moments of my life especially when big Joe led the team out onto the hallowed turf.

..... especially when big Joe led the team out onto the hallowed turf.

What I liked about that (and it's oh so subtle) is that as the teams come out, Brian Clough looks a little ahead of Joe yet slows down and allows him to take his rightful place level with him if not a little in front. In my eyes I've always seen it as a very respectful gesture from him and Cloughy acknowledging the journey we had to get there. Fantastic memories!!

What I liked about that (and it's oh so subtle) is that as the teams come out, Brian Clough looks a little ahead of Joe yet slows down and allows him to take his rightful place level with him if not a little in front. In my eyes I've always seen it as a very respectful gesture from him and Cloughy acknowledging the journey we had to get there. Fantastic memories!!

Clough was very gracious afterwards as well, saying how much of a scare Latics had given him.

Ah the memories.

Anyone on here stay at the Stakis Hotel in Newbury?

(I am sure most of you that were there would not have realised where you were ;-) )

Thanks for the lift to Wembley!

Fantastic day that will be with me weven when I am in the home for those with dementia.

Edited by singe

What a day. I make no apologies for admitting I cried at full time. If only Steve Sutton hadn't made that save from Andy Ritchie's left foot cracker, it could have been oh so different.

I remember Cloughie saying that Oldham should have been allowed to play in Europe after the run we'd had and he reckoned the Latics fans would have done us proud abroad.

Incredible memories.

memories inprumptue drunken football match with some rugby fans from bolton on the car park of a pub in st Albans using two transit vans for goals at three am

arriving at wembley at seven am and finding loads of tics already there sunbathing on the roof of the transit having a lot of laughs and banter with the forrest fans

then the walk down wembley way a sea of blue and red bumping into my mum and dad with the grand kids before going in to find our seats

the build up the songs the game that seemed to fly by adams audatious shot palmers near miss that goal (realy loath Jemson to this day ) the pride of the fans in our team

the long drive home seeing the tics jolly and smiling even tho we had lost

was it realy 25 years ago ?