Simon Blitz

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've a feeling that LJ fecking off could be the best thing to happen to Latics in a long time.

My feelings usually leave me underwhelmed though.

why? what has LJ leaving got to do with Blitz coming back and how are we in a better situation with LJ leaving?

why? what has LJ leaving got to do with Blitz coming back and how are we in a better situation with LJ leaving?

I think LJ was always going to move on - we were never more than a stepping stone for him.

However, I think that while he was here the mindset of the club shifted a bit, and escaping the purgatory of League One became a slightly more realistic possibility.

I think that with LJ gone, the club still has that heightened ambition, and this week could see an announcement of some sort to back it, possibly involving Blitz.

I'll be the first to say that's merely a hunch though.

And as I said, I'm braced for the usual underwhelming disappointment.

Edited by Nohairdontcare

How does it work with this FFP bollocks if somebody wants to invest?

Do they have to pretend to be a sponsor or similar?

Good question. I suspect FFP is the reason why the stated attendance at stadium:mong is 8,000 every week, when everyone knows there's 3,000 at best actually in the ground.

I just hope Blitz hasn't come to collect.

Good question. I suspect FFP is the reason why the stated attendance at stadium:mong is 8,000 every week, when everyone knows there's 3,000 at best actually in the ground.

If he were wanting to collect, I'm sure he wouldn't be tipping up at BP.

You might want to stick an allegedly in the 1st para, you know what Chairmen are like for litigation these days.

Citeh seem to have sponsored everything from the Waste Bins to the tea ladies to get as much money covered under FFP as possible............I'd happily sponsor a Barry Owen / Celebrity Big Brother incarceration if it meant more money for the club

He could, collect from NY surely? Given the open day is today, i suspect he's invested in it and is having a look at what his money has created.

He definitely has, he's a hareholder in OEC Ltd

Still, he didn't have to come over, so a good sign that he has.

Well I don't normally go in for the traditional OWTB conspiricy theories, but I'll indulge myself just this once!

I've long suspected that Mr. Blitz and his very public departure from the club was a mere publicity stunt to attempt to force the council and other stakeholders to make things happen regarding devloping a stadium one way or another. After all, it's not the usual behavior of a businessman to invest £6M and then have little or no interest in that investment. Also, you wouldn't allow one of your senior employees to continue to commute to the UK periodically to run that interest and not be working on the businesses you do have a day-to-day interest in.

Another theory of mine is that we have heard more than once that Dowie has reservations about taking up the reins at Latics because of a lack of playing budget to do what he wants to do. But all of a sudden the rumours have started again about him in the Chron, suggesting that maybe we have secured some extra funding to do this.

So my theory is, the North Stand will be sponsered by CNCG (I think that's what Blitz's company is called?!) providing a boost to our income to up the playing budget, with Iain Dowie installed as manager.

I have absolutely no proof to back this up, just my wild theory/pipe dream, except for we already know that Mr. Blitz does have a financial interest in OEC.

Their will be ways round FFP if you've got serious wonga and want to invest in a football team you will still be able to do it. You will just have jump through a few more hoops to do it.

Well I don't normally go in for the traditional OWTB conspiricy theories, but I'll indulge myself just this once!

I've long suspected that Mr. Blitz and his very public departure from the club was a mere publicity stunt to attempt to force the council and other stakeholders to make things happen regarding devloping a stadium one way or another. After all, it's not the usual behavior of a businessman to invest £6M and then have little or no interest in that investment. Also, you wouldn't allow one of your senior employees to continue to commute to the UK periodically to run that interest and not be working on the businesses you do have a day-to-day interest in.

Another theory of mine is that we have heard more than once that Dowie has reservations about taking up the reins at Latics because of a lack of playing budget to do what he wants to do. But all of a sudden the rumours have started again about him in the Chron, suggesting that maybe we have secured some extra funding to do this.

So my theory is, the North Stand will be sponsered by CNCG (I think that's what Blitz's company is called?!) providing a boost to our income to up the playing budget, with Iain Dowie installed as manager.

I have absolutely no proof to back this up, just my wild theory/pipe dream, except for we already know that Mr. Blitz does have a financial interest in OEC.

Would love it to be but can't see further investment from Blitz after pumping in £6m. The new stand may be a factor as you said but I can't keep thinking Dowie wants security of a decent playing budget to maximise chance of promotion. If he's coming back then something could well be on the horizon.

Love the optimism and hope on the board at the moment. New stand, Dowie as manager and Blitz involved again. Excited for next season already......

Watch the club announce Yates\Holden, stand delayed to Indian burial ground discovery and Blitz calling in money...

Happy days ahead?