Simon Blitz

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Realistically, there is plenty of room behind the Chaddy End and the RRE for lots of things to earn the club money.

I probably wouldn't knock the Main Stand down, just spruce it up, take the roof off and install a new roof going the length of the pitch, then install seats on the old terraced bits at each side of it.

I'd flatten it.

Then i'd build a hotel that runs the full length (including the corners of REE and the Chaddy) and put lots of nice comfy padded (heated) seats for my large boned rear end with loads of leg room in the front and a nice big sports bar or more boxes at the top. Leave the corners until we start to fill the seats we've got. Get two massve tellys in there for a for a few years. If the match is crap we could watch Jeff Stelling.

It's all about the match day expereince at our level, and i want mine to be as dry, warm and comfortable as possible with good food and drink (are you reading this, Simon from Chaddertion - i'd pay the entrance fee just to eat your food).

Realistically, there is plenty of room behind the Chaddy End and the RRE for lots of things to earn the club money.

I probably wouldn't knock the Main Stand down, just spruce it up, take the roof off and install a new roof going the length of the pitch, then install seats on the old terraced bits at each side of it.

The main stand has to be replaced, internally the bars and toilets are a disgrace.

Edited by BP1960

The main stand has to be replaced, internally the bars and toilets are a disgrace.

If we have the funds, then I say crack on. I'm not sure we have though.

I quite like having a two-tiered stand. So hope any replacement would be similar but higher and longer for maximum room inside.

If we have the funds, then I say crack on. I'm not sure we have though.

I quite like having a two-tiered stand. So hope any replacement would be similar but higher and longer for maximum room inside.

if and it's a big if anything replaces the current main stand I think you would be safe to assume it will not be two tiered and it will not be higher.

if and it's a big if anything replaces the current main stand I think you would be safe to assume it will not be two tiered and it will not be higher.

I can visualise the Clayton action group having a big sway in any main stand redeveloment.

I can visualise the Clayton action group having a big sway in any main stand redeveloment.

Havent we already got outline for this. And would they have less sway because of the land not actually backing onto the land. and now two lots of development have happened the precedent has been set. So hopefully far less than before.

Edited by singe

I doubt there's any plans to add to the rear of the chaddy as there are houses planned already to be built in the open land where the Clayton arms used to be. Houses already opposite that land itself and the 'planned' houses were on the site plan. Maybe that's the reason why the away fans have been put into the chaddy!.. It's potential has been all used up already.

Havent we already got outline for this. And would they have less sway because of the land not actually backing onto the land. and now two lots of development have happened the precedent has been set. So hopefully far less than before.

I think its outline for the chaddy and hotel that we obtained originally.

I think its outline for the chaddy and hotel that we obtained originally.

Correctamundo! Outline application for mixed use redevelopment including demolition of existing and construction of new south and west stands, with a combined capacity of 6,200 seats and accommodation comprising spectator facilities, Hotel (west stand) and Fitness club (south stand), Residential apartments (553 Units) and key worker housing (140 Units), Ancillary retail/cafe units together with associated landscaping and external works.

I doubt there's any plans to add to the rear of the chaddy as there are houses planned already to be built in the open land where the Clayton arms used to be. Houses already opposite that land itself and the 'planned' houses were on the site plan. Maybe that's the reason why the away fans have been put into the chaddy!.. It's potential has been all used up already.

http://www.ryder-dutton.co.uk/new-homes/24/boundary-park-oldham-all-plots-reserved

I knew I'd seen this somewhere, the older plans/dreams sounded great but this is more of the reality! Not much scope to improve the Chaddy so like I said maybe that's why the away fans get to grace our once loved home?

http://www.ryder-dutton.co.uk/new-homes/24/boundary-park-oldham-all-plots-reserved

I knew I'd seen this somewhere, the older plans/dreams sounded great but this is more of the reality! Not much scope to improve the Chaddy so like I said maybe that's why the away fans get to grace our once loved home?

Another to the short list of things Ian Hill brings to the club.

When buying my North stand ST's on Wednesday one of the directors said that moving home fans back into the Chaddy after any redevelopment was a distinct possibility.

Hotel perhaps? corner of the Chaddy?

Another to the short list of things Ian Hill brings to the club.

To be fair it's unlikely we'll ever need the space given that the main stand would be top of the list for replacement anyway and also the chaddy end is fairly poorly designed in that it doesn't really make best use of the space. If we were to demolish and build something new, you could comfortably build a two tier stand there.