Anyone's been to the Open Day?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going tomorrow afternoon for the corporate preview.....apparently there is a video walkthrough of the stand and pies / hot dogs all via Matt Chambers on tweetworld

Here's the tweet.

Matt Chambers @Matt_Chambers_ · 31m 31 minutes ago

Seriously, well worth getting down today (shuts at 8pm). Video walk-through is excellent. #oafc

Edited by AnthonyOAFC

Really good . Gordy serving hotdogs and everything . Video walk through will become public I imagine and ,as Mr chambers said , it's very impressive .

Very happy with the service whilst buying season tickets for me and my boy .

Well done to the club .

Got there around 1230pm. Already steady. Good 10 minute video presentation and plenty of seating plans so you can chose your seat. Complimentary pies and hot dogs available. Staff were really friendly and helpful. I ended up buying a 100 club season ticket in the end.

Very impressed.

Where's it being held and can you just rock up?

You can just rock up, I think they wanted an indication of numbers so were asking to contact Jenny but I am sure you won't get turned away.

I'll resist saying something sarky about where it is being held!

And resist saying anythign ebout getting in quick as Gordon is serving the Hot Dogs.

Seriously though, let us exiles know what you thought.

Edited by singe

Me, Mrs Ghost and our 6 month old boy went. All very impressive, met a few of the directors and was very impressed with what I saw and how we were treated during the visit. Me and Mrs Ghost chose our seats, enjoyed a complimentary hot dog and pie, and as we were leaving Jenny Warburton pitched up with a Chaddy Owl teddy for the boy, very nice touch indeed.

As has been mentioned I hope the video walk through will be made public as it gives a real sense of how the staduim will look with the new stand completed, and also what an impressive facility the North Stand is.

10/10 Latics!

sorry if I seem alien but I completely missed this, you can turn up at the ground and have a look at the new stand basically??? is this just for people buying season tickets as mine is on finance and already in the post??

It's open til 8pm tonight, had plans up of the layout, video of the walk around and then info on where the ST left to purchase. The event is in the he main stand, so walking around the new stand isn't an option yet. Neil joy, Mark Moisley and Paul whitehead were all on hand as well as other club reps too.

I got there about 5.20 and there was about 30 people there. It's looking good, supporters bar overlooks the pitch and you can access this pre/post match even if you do not seat in that stand.

Also layed out was promotional material on Christmas party bookings for the winter wonderland and new years eve one too. So if you planning a works Xmas bash it might be worth having a look. Prices start from £27.50 to £38.50 and New Year's Eve is £49.50.

Lucky I went too as someone then told me this weekends match was on Sunday not Saturday....doh!

Edited by underdog

Here's a few tweets from todays #oafc feed

"I'm not one to usually praise @OfficialOAFC but that open day was spot on. Even the new pies are mint #oafc"

"Great atmosphere & lots of friendly faces @OfficialOAFC tonight. Bought my first season ticket since the lookers came down. Can't wait #oafc"

"Season tickets purchased for myself, Elliot and my nephew for the new north stand! Roll on next season #oafc #4stands"
"Word on the street is the new stand is going to sell out. Get in before they all go #oafc"
"I implore @OfficialOAFC to get the new gaffer right. With the new stand in place next season could be special. #oafc"
A fair bit of positivity. Interesting.
Edited by AnthonyOAFC

picture and reports on it all look brilliant - well done to all!

People buying season tickets in new stand, current renewals, possible rumour of Dowie coming back....100% would demonstrate ambition and a desire to achieve something long term for the club

It's what we all want and assuming all this comes off, whatever the ins and outs and budgets etc are, it's the club saying 'right, we've done our bit now you do yours and back us'

People will when they see proactivity and by the sounds of it many already are doing with new stand tickets.

Fingers crossed re the manager, but all in all well done Latics and SC, very pleased for him that his hard work is beginning to pay off and I hope fans do indeed back all concerned and get behind the club in any way they can.

Crowds should be interesting next season if all works out as it appears, all adds to the wages budget!

Edited by shefflatic