Anyone's been to the Open Day?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really good . Gordy serving hotdogs and everything . Video walk through will become public I imagine and ,as Mr chambers said , it's very impressive .

Very happy with the service whilst buying season tickets for me and my boy .

Well done to the club .

I might nip down tomorrow - is there a bar open too?

I saw Simon Blitz. I shook his hand and said "welcome back, long time no see, but you're always welcome". :sign0173:

The positivity is incredible!! Well done OAFC

Back in the day, he used to walk across the front of the Chaddy End before the game, spot me (I sit near the front) and come up to shake my hand - one amigo to another. :grin:

Surely all this positivity must have rubbed off on him. He must be amazed to see and hear the positive vibe.

Are they the pies/ hotdogs for next year? I bloody hope not, rollover hotdogs can not be replaced!!!! Seriously considering not getting a season ticket now.

The pies were far better than those served up this season.

It's been brought in-house so tea ladies?

In House catering.

Does that mean OEC Ltd will be buying the catering from OAFC or is the OEC catered separately, I assume that OEC Ltd will be providing the pre match 3 course meals for the exec box occupants.

An OAFC cateriers could be providing pies, hot dogs, butties etc for the concourse outlets, but I think that the 'in house ' caterers will turn out to be OEC Ltd.

Edited by laticsrblue

Myself and a friend went down tonight to see what facilities would be like for wheelchair users in the new stand. After asking a few questions we where not given that encouraging answer due to the people we spoke to did not know what was happening regarding facilities for the disabled. We where advised to speak to people who where giving help regarding season tickets and things did improve then. One negative point was there appears to be only 6 elevated wheelchair places that are available on a match day basis (four of these have already been sold), there are others but I think they are attached to the exec boxes. I think there are 17 wheelchairs bays are ground level so while these are going to be exposed to the weather there are now plenty of wheelchair spaces when you combine them with the rre.

The club have made a great decision to not sell the back two rows of seats in the rre (unless we draw somebody like united in the cup etc), this will eradicate the viewing problem when people stand up and block the view.

We got this info after speaking to Mark Moisley who was very positive and encourage us to give him a call if we could think of any other ideas on how the club could make things better.

Hopefully the new stand will be the catalyst for an improved matchday experience for supporters in all the home ends.

Edited by drphibes

Will we be seeing those hot dog stands around the ground on match days or was it just for yesterday??

Sounds daft but little things like that help create the general match day experience.

Bring back the man walking round the edge of the pitch selling Brimelow's cough tablets and mintoes from a tray slung round his neck - happy days!