Anyone's been to the Open Day?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not at all troublesome. Take sunglasses - sorted. When I've actually been able too sit in my seat in the RRE in recent years, it can really take the edge off a :censored:e game.

And it is more often than those in the Chaddy realise.

The club have made a great decision to not sell the back two rows of seats in the rre (unless we draw somebody like united in the cup etc), this will eradicate the viewing problem when people stand up and block the view.

We got this info after speaking to Mark Moisley who was very positive and encourage us to give him a call if we could think of any other ideas on how the club could make things better.

Hopefully the new stand will be the catalyst for an improved matchday experience for supporters in all the home ends.

Interesting post by Danny, as someone who has a season ticket in one of those rows I have not been informed that this is the case. I have a season ticket there with 3 family members. One of them is ambulant disabled and we sit there as it's easy to get to for him! Not particularly impressed that I am going to have to try and locate 4 season tickets somewhere with a decent view and also to suit a disabled young person who can't get up and down steps easily!

The club have made a great decision to not sell the back two rows of seats in the rre (unless we draw somebody like united in the cup etc), this will eradicate the viewing problem when people stand up and block the view.

We got this info after speaking to Mark Moisley who was very positive and encourage us to give him a call if we could think of any other ideas on how the club could make things better.

Hopefully the new stand will be the catalyst for an improved matchday experience for supporters in all the home ends.

Interesting post by Danny, as someone who has a season ticket in one of those rows I have not been informed that this is the case. I have a season ticket there with 3 family members. One of them is ambulant disabled and we sit there as it's easy to get to for him! Not particularly impressed that I am going to have to try and locate 4 season tickets somewhere with a decent view and also to suit a disabled young person who can't get up and down steps easily!
You may find that you are excluded from that restriction because your family member is ambulant disabled, it seems reasonable for the club to restrict the back few rows to those with similar problems, I know my Dad was impressed with the ease of access to the back of the RRE last season but found it difficult when due to the standing in front of him, or even to the side, forced him to stand up to see. One of my friends is officially ambulant disabled, but he would have no difficulty jumping up, sitting down or standing all game so it might not be as easy as that for club the say so and so can have a seat there but so and so can't. There may be certain former ST holders in the Chaddy who would like a similar easy access seat for health reasons too.

I would advise you to contact the club, for all the clubs many faults, it does try to accommodate disabled fans as much as possible.

Edited by rudemedic

You know, with all this positive marketing, high hope for the season, so much positivity about the new stand, has anyone spared a thought for Broady... ;-)

It looks increasingly like a monumental cock up he made! Whatever the pay rise is, before you accept it, you need to make sure the job is going to be around a while

It looks increasingly like a monumental cock up he made! Whatever the pay rise is, before you accept it, you need to make sure the job is going to be around a while

There is a little update here, he tweeted: I feel for him. It feels horrible reading that, I would hate us to get anywhere near that. Although not quite sure under what circumstances he left. it seemed to be on good terms though, with SC joking about him.

http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/article/commercial-update-2435128.aspx

Edited by singe

He still has his job...I am sure he didn't envision that outcome!

I always got the impression from Broady it wasn't money orientated but more the opportunity to raise the bar at a club commercially in the hope it improve his CV to give him a chance In The holy grail that is the Premier League!

Badly advised either way

I think it was badly advised, surely he would have been in his element with the commercial potential of the new stand, and particularly with this weeks events. Maybe he was overlooked for the commercial director role and thought it better to move on. Good luck to him anyway, it always seemed like he did a great job for Latics.