Fans set to be breathalysed before matches

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The powers that be seem hell bent on driving the paying punters away. twice the drink drive limit is nowt

I'm no expert and always err on the side of caution, but isn't that the equivalent of four Stella or six pissy Carlings? Mind you...it'll be okay as long as they test you going through the turnstile rather than through the door of the fans bar.

I'm no expert and always err on the side of caution, but isn't that the equivalent of four Stella or six pissy Carlings? Mind you...it'll be okay as long as they test you going through the turnstile rather than through the door of the fans bar.

That's about right, there are a few handy websites that allow you to guesstimate your microgrammes of alcohol per 100ml of breath, but this involves doing some converting of units, so if you can do it you will probably be able to pass.

It will also depend on when you started drinking etc.

They aren't going to test everyone, plus technically the law is already in place to prevent those who are drunk to be refused entry, what this means is that they've put a numerical value on drunk and given stewards and the like the means to test it.

Like I said....nowt!!

Like I said....nowt!!

Four green lagers on the train is standard OASIS behaviour. Then you've got whatever you can ram down your throat from midday to 3.05 in the pub.

Might be seeing a lot of some crap town centres next season. OASIS: taking the cathedral (or parish church) or shopping centre since 2015-16.

That's about right, there are a few handy websites that allow you to guesstimate your microgrammes of alcohol per 100ml of breath, but this involves doing some converting of units, so if you can do it you will probably be able to pass.

It will also depend on when you started drinking etc.

I was about 13......

But does having a few drinks equate to becoming disorderly?

If they are disorderly they can be dealt with anyway as it is by the stewards, drunk or not.

Edited by BP1960

3400 Latics at Rochdale, 3000 roaming around Rochdale town centre getting even more pissed because they can't get in the ground. The Police are gonna love that!

It's a recipe for chaos this - Rochdale away will be all ticket. Would you risk buying one if this comes in? I wouldn't

Clubs like us are going to suffer massively.

Why doesn't all this EU law we hear so much about come into play with football and alcohol?

Hopefully this can be the straw that broke the camels back and the whole thing can be challenged and we can be treated like every other sports fan...

Edited by HarryBosch

I won't be breathalysed before entering a football ground. I won't be demonised/criminalised like that.

Not a chance I'll even contemplate legitimising this by allowing them to do it to me.

Edited by NewBlue

It's a recipe for chaos this - Rochdale away will be all ticket. Would you risk buying one if this comes in? I wouldn't

Clubs like us are going to suffer massively.

Why doesn't all this EU law we hear so much about come into play with football and alcohol?

Hopefully this can be the straw that broke the camels back and the whole thing can be challenged and we can be treated like every other sports fan...

Which EU law?