Fans set to be breathalysed before matches

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It does say it won't be for every fan at every game I doubt anyone will be getting breathalised at home games unless you are all over the place.

It's only going to matter at big away games and only then it is if a steward suspects you off being pissed.

That said it does feel unnecessary in this day and age where their is very little bother at football matches except Rochdale away but we all knew that was going to happen the minute we sold out.

The way round it might be on indirect discrimination grounds, if there is a possibility that more members of a protected group attend football matches compared to say Rugby matches, then the law might be deemed to be discriminatory if it only applies to football.

The same could be said for any other laws that only apply to football (eg drinking and watching the game).

The way round it might be on indirect discrimination grounds, if there is a possibility that more members of a protected group attend football matches compared to say Rugby matches, then the law might be deemed to be discriminatory if it only applies to football.

The same could be said for any other laws that only apply to football (eg drinking and watching the game).

Working class aren't a protected group, which is easy to believe when you see how football fans are treated. It does make you wonder what might happen to certain groups if they didn't have specific protection.

Working class aren't a protected group, which is easy to believe when you see how football fans are treated. It does make you wonder what might happen to certain groups if they didn't have specific protection.

Gender; Race; Disability; Sexual Orientation- Can see all those applying as for all the faults of modern football, it has made it a lot less White-male prevalent.

That's only there to benefit criminals and lawyers !!!!!!!!!!!!

Beg to differ there, the mere mention of the European Court of Human Rights enables me to NOT have to make online tax payments, direct-debit payments and the like if I don't want to. No one can force you to have a bank account, credit card, mobile phone or computer and I've yet to meet an authority that will contest this.

Loads of good stuff comes out of Europe that never gets the praise it deserves. I.M.O. we owe our high standard of living to the E.U.

As said I doubt they'll test you unless you're in a state and being a knob. That said I'll never take one and I reckon if someone gets turned away when they're just pissed and no bother we should all funk it off and go on a cultural day out.

Loads of good stuff comes out of Europe that never gets the praise it deserves.

The law that required manufacturers to stick the plug on the end of an electrical appliance was magnificent.

I.M.O. we owe our high standard of living to the E.U.

And there was me thinking it was slavery and exploitation of empire.

Wonder how much further they can demonise most football fans.

This is the thing.

Of those 16 [Cambridge] arrests, only three were for offences relating to alcohol. By the Home Office's own stats, football arrests are at their lowest point ever, and we think that's a definitely a story worth reporting.

...three offences! So they trial it at Cambridge where, no doubt, it'll be received with little resistance. From that it'll be pointed at as a success and rolled out across the country.

Interesting point to note it that, especially in non-league, there is a growing amount of stewarding being contracted out to security firms - door men and the like...

I'm worried about JSS and Zorrro. They get paralytic way below the limit. Do you let them in or what?

It's great news for Z, who rather than dozint aftwr the game can go for his nap whilst we go to the match instead.

I'm worried about JSS and Zorrro. They get paralytic way below the limit. Do you let them in or what?

You want to look much closer inside your social circle before casting such aspersions (about me; JSS is a true lightweight).