Post 2014/2015 season Release List

Connor Brown, George Elokobi, adam Lockwood, james Dayton, David Mellor, Rhys Turner, Amari Morgan Smith ALL OUT OF CONTRACT

Im assuming the options on jack truelove, Jonathon forte and Jordan bove have been taken up?

If we've got options on Truelove, Forte and Bove I'd hope we exercise them from what I've seen of them.

As for the rest, Turner is a no brainer, Brown is worth a new deal and if it's the right deal I'd keep Elokobi, although I doubt he'll accept it and will probably leave. Possibly give Lockwood a player/coach role. Dayton, Mellor and AMS can all go and probably will.

Wouldn't surprise me if we do. New manager is obviously a fan of youth - mellor is extremely versatile and could be a very useful member of our squad - especially considering the expected departures.

Edited by melia

Wouldn't surprise me if we do. New manager is obviously a fan of youth - mellor is extremely versatile and could be a very useful member of our squad - especially considering the expected departures.

If we do he'll be heading into the Danny Boshell territory of "how the hell did he get another contract??"

Hopefully Kelly will be well advised by the staff already here, he's had enough chances and I don't think he's athletic enough for League 1.

I would be amazed if he gets another contract, when the injury crisis hit after lj left Mellor could not force his way back into the team. Looked very promising at the start of his career but he has done nothing at all since. His wage will be low but just like Kirk Millar , there comes a time when you just have to pull the plug.

I think we see in that list, retaning of the nucleus of the squad that started to make a charge for the play offs. Which is what most were hoping.

Apart from the caveat that the tendancy for heads to drop it is capable of challenging again.

So 3 or 4 quality leadership types though, and the season could start to make headway to our hopes.

Mind you look at Orient, it doesn't always follow that the next season is going to match the previous.