Fans perception of the appointment of Darren Kelly

311 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of SC appointing Darren Kelly as Manager?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
  2. 2. How will this effect your attendance at BP during 2015/16 season?

• I will be still purchasing a season ticket/ will frequently Pay on the Day
    • I have a season ticket, but I will rarely use it/ seek refund
    • I will POTD for the odd significant game/cup games (home and away)
    • I will boycott OAFC indefinately
    • I will wait to see how DK and DH do after a number of games
    • I have bought my ST and this will have no impact on my attendance

Give him a chance I say LJ was inexperienced and he got us somewhere until he :censored:ed off however I'm not saying I wouldn't rather have a bigger name e.g dowie massive risk by the club especially at a time where the club are moving forward

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny when people on twitter say our fans are the best. Not even giving a manager a chance and saying you're not going to go is just an excuse. Same as those who were moaning about the chaddy, either support the club through thick and thin, or take your miserable arses to the pub to watch that prem sh***. You support the club or don't, shouldn't matter who is in charge or where you sit.

Funny when people on twitter say our fans are the best. Not even giving a manager a chance and saying you're not going to go is just an excuse. Same as those who were moaning about the chaddy, either support the club through thick and thin, or take your miserable arses to the pub to watch that prem sh***. You support the club or don't, shouldn't matter who is in charge or where you sit.

Imagine if the club have just decided to fund ISIS operations what would be your view?

My point is people can support the club through thick and thin without agreeing with everything they do

Edited by Blue_Guru

Don't talk such garbage. "just following orders"....

If people have a concern then voice it.

I support Oldham Athletic and always will. Players, managers and even owners are transient. I will be there until I die. I love this club more than any player or manager that has ever, or will ever, be here. Fact. So if I cant say when I dont like something, who can?

I'm also a paying customer ffs.

But it does matter. I'll just do away games I think.

Not happy at the prospect of this appointment, i don't know they guy or anything about him apart from a quick glance at Wiki and what other have posted.

What i do know is that we have Dean Holden here already who on the face of it seems better qualified to continue in the managers role.

In an ideal world a Rosler or Dowie would give the fans a lift,that appears to be out of the question,

Kelly will have to hit the ground running and i have serious doubts that will happen.

I think the appointment (if it happens) is a disgrace to fans who continually spend hard earned money on the club. The least we can expect is a fair bit of ambition.... but SC has gone out of his way to piss all over it. Please remember this guy coaches 9 year olds ... his only contacts will be pe teachers at primary schools. I really hope the board have second thoughts

Lets hope between now and Tuesday, the board have second thoughts upon realising the fans reactions

The board very rarely listen to us fans or consider our thoughts. The only reason the decision on Evans was made was down to sponsors threatening to withdraw their financial support.

Not happy at the prospect of this appointment, i don't know they guy or anything about him apart from a quick glance at Wiki and what other have posted.

What i do know is that we have Dean Holden here already who on the face of it seems better qualified to continue in the managers role.

In an ideal world a Rosler or Dowie would give the fans a lift,that appears to be out of the question,

Kelly will have to hit the ground running and i have serious doubts that will happen.

Dean Holden will still be here, I've seen enough of his negative tactics to summise Kelly will be the want someone with him like for like.

I might be wrong and he could develop an exciting attacking style, cant see it though.

Edited by BP1960

Dean Holden will still be here, I've seen enough of his negative tactics to summise Kelly will be the want someone with him like for like.

I might be wrong and he could develop an exciting attacking style, cant see it though.

Don't for one minute think i have missed the negative set up BP, was merely making the point that we already have a "respected coach" in the hot seat :D

Repeating the same baseless opinion over and over doesn't make it any more true.

Imagine if the club have just decided to fund ISIS operations what would be your view?

My point is people can support the club through thick and thin without agreeing with everything they do

I would rather back a new manager, continue to support the team I love, even if I don't fully agree with some of the decisions.... Because if I decided I'd had enough or 'it's the final straw' , and a large proportion of our fan base thought the same. We wouldn't have the football team we love anymore, it would cease to exist or be in the conference north. And I don't know about you but I'm definitely not ready to lose OAFC.

I would rather back a new manager, continue to support the team I love, even if I don't fully agree with some of the decisions.... Because if I decided I'd had enough or 'it's the final straw' , and a large proportion of our fan base thought the same. We wouldn't have the football team we love anymore, it would cease to exist or be in the conference north. And I don't know about you but I'm definitely not ready to lose OAFC.

Or, if enough people make their feelings known, it might result in the club making better decisions in the future making the team we love more likely to finally enjoy some success again......

Listen it is what it is let's get behind whoever manages the club and stop moaning over it!

If you are happy then that's fine. Vote yes. Allow us to moan if we want to. It isn't based on anything negative, its based on wanting better for our club.

I tell you what, if he wins a few early then perhaps it wont be a problem. But if he doesn't it will get very ugly, very quickly. That isn't good for anyone, including him.

It really is the most expensive option and appears to me a massive false economy I'm amazed someone with Corney's business experience can't see.

Dowie, or similar, would sell at least 500 extra season tickets.

Kelly's appointment might well result in the sale of 500 fewer.

1000 x £350 = £350,000.

Pay a Dowie £100k, give him an extra £100k for players, bank £150k instead of paying Kelly £40k on top of the £350k we've just lost.

Am I missing something fundamental here or could Kelly be costing £390k & leaving us with a lower playing budget?

This is the nub of the issue for me . For someone with such a laser focus on the finances I can't believe that Corney hasn't worked this out - he must have done.

Add to this the fact that those of us who do stick around are not going to give the guy much of a honeymoon period if he doesn't hit the ground running.

There must be some other reason behind this appointment but what that is, I have absolutely no idea.