Fans perception of the appointment of Darren Kelly

311 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in favour of SC appointing Darren Kelly as Manager?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure
  2. 2. How will this effect your attendance at BP during 2015/16 season?

• I will be still purchasing a season ticket/ will frequently Pay on the Day
    • I have a season ticket, but I will rarely use it/ seek refund
    • I will POTD for the odd significant game/cup games (home and away)
    • I will boycott OAFC indefinately
    • I will wait to see how DK and DH do after a number of games
    • I have bought my ST and this will have no impact on my attendance

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Repeating the same baseless opinion over and over doesn't make it any more true.

Come next season if he provides exciting attacking football at BP I gladly will hold up my hands to you and eat humble pie.

Also, if he brings in a winger as good as your user name was I'll be extatic and happy to join the pay on the gate queue.

I will still go - I HAVE to - there's nowhere else I can shout me head off for 90mins dressed as a giraffe without getting arrested but this appointment is a let-down!

We gambled on LJ and it paid off (til he buggered off) but really chancing it expecting 2 untried coaches to do well -it's a hell of a gamble- and this political bollox doesn't help one little bit - it's unnecessary baggage - feeling let down - but will be there next season hopefully shouting again and not sat there with me head in me hands (I don't do booing!)

We got the directors to drop the Evans signing ,lets hope they understand our feelings about Kelly as manager. 2 season tickets in our house not renewing because of this Mr Corney. 2 friends who are ex season ticket holders would have come back if Dowie appointed.

Some yes votes suddenly appear. Latics Staff had a text? Nobody owning up to them though...

I clicked yes. Why? Because the question was, are you in favour of DK being appointed? It doesn't mean he was my first choice, but i'm willing to give him a chance. Gaining your Pro License is no mean feat, especially with him being an 'unknown' name. Now he could turn out to be :censored:, but equally could be a great find, but its the same risk with any appointment.

The dressing room has been the best it's been all season under Deano I am told so retaining him alongside an unknown will be essential to keep some of our players from jumping ship if offers come in!

Edited by super_blue

I clicked yes. Why? Because the question was, are you in favour of DK being appointed? It doesn't mean he was my first choice, but i'm willing to give him a chance. Gaining your Pro License is no mean feat, especially with him being an 'unknown' name. Now he could turn out to be :censored:, but equally could be a great find, but its the same risk with any appointment.

Same risk with any appointment? Really? No there isn't. There is significantly more risk with someone that has zero management experience, no connections and a poor playing career. The licenses aren't difficult, dont believe what you hear.

Same risk with any appointment? Really? No there isn't. There is significantly more risk with someone that has zero management experience, no connections and a poor playing career. The licenses aren't difficult, dont believe what you hear.

So which of our previous managers who had prvious experience did well? How do you no he has no connections? Poor playing career means bugger all. Badges aren't difficult? No they aren't if you are a good coach, to even get on the Pro License you have to be invited. He is not some sunday pub team manager, yes he lacks the experience at this level but so have coutless others who have gone on to do well. Like i've already said, he could turn out to be :censored:, but so could Dowie.

Edited by tony4938

What planet do you live on to come out with a statement like that.

What do you mean? Are you saying everyone that votes Sinn Fein these days agreed with terrorist activity? I disagree, but this is off topic really and not that relevant. If he wants to support Sinn Fein that's up to him, but I suggest he keeps it to himself.

So which of our previous managers who had prvious experience did well? How do you no he has no connections? Poor playing career means bugger all. Badges aren't difficult? No they aren't if you are a good coach, to even get on the Pro License you have to be invited. He is not some sunday pub team manager, yes he lacks the experience at this level but so have coutless others who have gone on to do well. Like i've already said, he could turn out to be :censored:, but so could Dowie.

I prefer to lessen the chances of failure. This, on the face of it, has disaster written all over it. I really, really hope I'm wrong.

I prefer to lessen the chances of failure. This, on the face of it, has disaster written all over it. I really, really hope I'm wrong.

Appointing him is a risk, but appointing Holden as his assistant greatly increases the risk. However we are club that has to take risks until we can push the boat out and attract a 'less risky' manager.