Press conference

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly isn't the best speaker from the sounds of it. He frequently went in a circle with his answers on SSN and was very vague about a lot of things. That's a stark contrast to Johnson, who detailed even the minutiae of his plans - remember the earrings comments?

One way to look at it is that Kelly is simply less prepared for management than Johnson, without plans for the 'culture' he wants to embed at the club, the other is that he isn't just a salesman pretending to sell some sort of dynasty he'll supposedly be creating...

In the most part, first-time managers don't know what they're getting themselves in for and end up resorting to a more pragmatic approach to get points, as we saw with Dickov and Johnson changing their style of football in desperation, so I don't think his words are very important at this stage.

Although what I have noticed so far is that Corney hasn't said as much as he did when Johnson was appointed. It's all been a bit amateurish so far in the way it's been handled by the club. No video of the press conference is a bit strange in this day and age. Barnsley had a live feed on YouTube when Johnson spoke for the first time.

Edited by NewBlue

First lines are from Barry - "good afternoon chaps... And ladies" clearly a dig at everyone on here for his faux pax earlier in the year - this board are a joke rather than say "Barry wind your neck in" they allow him to make a blatant dig at an already waning support

Never fear you've missed little.....

...for a start, the title on Player instroduces him as Dean Kelly....

...and the first comment you hear is Barry saying "Hello gentlemen...... then following a pause ....and Ladies"

I'm not even joking....!!!!

Edited by lookersstandandy

...and the first comment you hear is Barry saying "Hello gentlemen...... then following a pause ....and Ladies"

My video he says "Good afternoon chaps...............and ladies"

But hey it's BO so it's gotta be bad, right?

Good afternoon all would have sufficed

Obviously realised Jenny was in the room....nothing to see here.

EDIT: Opps and camera lady.........................lollllloooooolll

Edited by Lags

I'd probably be more enthused if it was Dean Kelly

I'd probably be more enthused if it was Dean Kelly

They called him Darren Clarke on Radio Manchester a few times this morning. I think having an Open Champion as manager might have put a few more on the gate.

When appointing a football manager surely you might also look at playing career and relevant management experience rather than going for the best powerpoint presentation - or should we trust Barry's Due Diligence?