League 1 Activity

4 hours ago, astottie said:

Fleetwood have withdrawn contract offers to 3 players who have not responded.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40340762

it will be interesting to see where they all end up. I thought they were good players at this level but offers from the Championship? We shall see.

Ball's goal return is poor always looked shit against us.

so welcome to the club Dave

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, astottie said:

Fleetwood have withdrawn contract offers to 3 players who have not responded.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40340762

it will be interesting to see where they all end up. I thought they were good players at this level but offers from the Championship? We shall see.

The most remarkable thing for me in that article was that one of the offers was withdrawn because he didn't report back for pre-season training on Monday! Seems very early to be starting pre-season.

Not strictly L1, but Leyton Orient have been bought by the British born CEO of Dunkin Donuts and Baskin Robbins.

That should see an upturn in fortunes after a bad few seasons. 

Lifelong O's  fan apparently. 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Tom Eaves signs for Gillingham.

David Ball signs for Rotherham. 

A bit surprising that eaves has been released by a div 2 team and signed by a div 1 team.

Ball. I think people on here thought that this was his level at best.

still no word on McLaughlin.

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Conor McAleny to Fleetwood. Decent signing that I reckon.

Personally, I can't believe this.....he is a quality player and from what I saw of Fleetwood last season, thought were very poor.....and apparently turn down Championship clubs as well.....great signing for Fleetwood.

On 23/06/2017 at 0:52 PM, ajw65 said:

Personally, I can't believe this.....he is a quality player and from what I saw of Fleetwood last season, thought were very poor.....and apparently turn down Championship clubs as well.....great signing for Fleetwood.

Apparentky turned down Barnsley, cos he wanted guarantee of 1st team football. Like the sound of him too.

5 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Pilgrims have signed Joel Grant from the Grecians...  only reason worth posting that was to demonstrate my extensive nickname knowledge.

Or your ability to use the internet to find the right answer.

7 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Pilgrims have signed Joel Grant from the Grecians...  only reason worth posting that was to demonstrate my extensive nickname knowledge.

That isn't a move that's gone down well in this neck of the woods.

Won't be a big loss for Exeter though.  For every great game he has there's about 9 bad ones that happen in between.

Archived