meet the manager 14th May

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of highlights for me:

Oldham Athletic AFC ‏@OfficialOAFC · 2h2 hours ago

DK: "I'm very hands on. I have worked towards this stage for 10 years. I will have a plan A, B, all the way to Z."

Good he has plans. Hope it includes OAFC though....!

Oldham Athletic AFC ‏@OfficialOAFC · 1h1 hour ago

DK: "I have been to really top places like Genk, Athletic Bilbao, Benfica and all over Europe to learn different methods."

Did not know that. Good to see. You can see that on the better managers

Oldham Athletic AFC @OfficialOAFC

· 51m 51 minutes ago

DK: "People might say I talk a good game but I don't like talking. I want to get out there on the training pitch now and put the work in."

Most important for me. Proof is in the pudding. simple as that.

Oldham Athletic AFCVerified account

‏@OfficialOAFC DK: "I'm qualified in psychology so I want to get in their minds. I need to man manage these players and give them belief."

This could prove invaluable in getting that extra 10%

Looks like rent-a-quote stuff to me from the Twitter feed.

'Football is my life'

'I'm very hands on'

'Plan B'

'Good nucleus'

'No large squads'

'If players aren't playing well I'll tell them'

'Honest'

'Want the fans to be excited'

'You can be the 12th man'

'100% effort'

'Through a brick wall'

All the same stuff we've heard from every manager that comes through the door. Not to say he won't work out, but forgive me if I don't get carried away until the players get out on the pitch.

'Football is my life'

'I'm very hands on'

'Plan B'

'Good nucleus'

'No large squads'

'Honest'

'100% effort'

'Through a brick wall'

All the same stuff we've heard from every manager that comes through the door. Not to say he won't work out, but forgive me if I don't get carried away until the players get out on the pitch.

New manager in telling fans what they want to hear shocker...

I not to sure anybody would be happy if he said injuries will ruun us as our squad is tiny, we may have to sell our best players, I'm using you as a stepping stone to better things and best we can hope for is survival with a game or 2 to spare but hey....each to their own.

New manager in telling fans what they want to hear shocker...

I not to sure anybody would be happy if he said injuries will ruun us as our squad is tiny, we may have to sell our best players, I'm using you as a stepping stone to better things and best we can hope for is survival with a game or 2 to spare but hey....each to their own.

This^.

We all know the place needs a bit of positivity, he should be telling us what we want to hear, lets get behind him from the off, if the fans are upbeat the players feel it, remember the atmosphere at Rochdale, Fleetwood and Chesterfield a bit more of the same and who knows.

'Football is my life'

'I'm very hands on'

'Plan B'

'Good nucleus'

'No large squads'

'Honest'

'100% effort'

'Through a brick wall'

At least he is saying the right things, "I am over the moon."

:censored: me - Lee Johnson said all the right things exactly this time two years ago and people creamed themselves saying he was the new Royle what do you want him to say? "We are a :censored: lower league team we will never be anything else I only have plan A and teams will suss us out then injuries will hit" - lets judge the guy after some games hey?

Edited by JWhite101

:censored: me - Lee Johnson said all the right things exactly this time two years ago and people creamed themselves saying he was the new Royle what do you want him to say? "We are a :censored: lower league team we will never be anything else I only have plan A and teams will suss us out then injuries will hit" - lets judge the guy after some games hey?

At least you are looking upon this as a new chapter & being very positive.

'Football is my life'

'I'm very hands on'

'Plan B'

'Good nucleus'

'No large squads'

'Honest'

'100% effort'

'Through a brick wall'

As the Peahen shouted to the Peacock as he strutted around in full plumage: 'show us your willy'.

In truth I am quite optimistic (as I always am with a new manager) about Kelly. It's a much nicer feeling. 'Anyone' would be challenged with the budget we can offer.

After 120+yrs of the Football League what possible phrase could a new manager say that hasn't been used before?

Having been to both meet the managers i came out all excited after LJ, Kelly has my backing i hope it goes well and do like his ideas, but now he has to put his ideas into place. I like the talk of promotion but feel he maybe setting himself up for a fall but suppose its better than LJ so called project.

When he talked about being ambitious, but starting in the lower leagues, and working his way up, I did get a flash of Johnson.

So any decent runs, I'll be expecting him to jump ship to a bigger club at the first opportunity, as did Johnson.

Barry's been rolled out again I see......glad I didn't go I just can't stand the man, reminds me of some of the Teflon coated tossers I have come across through the years

Last night Barry was confident of announcing a new player soon.........fast forward to today and those hopes are receeding = All Barry's fault! :titanic: