DK on BBC manc now....

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I said I am not being horrible but I don't think the club as any players that can do the number 10 role justice at the club

Have to agree until they mentions Winiesta which got me thinking. Could that be an ideal position for him?

Be interested to see who he tries to bring in as the 'no. 10', he said we would be surprised how many were out there and that we ought to be able to get someone in that will play that position well. Big role that one, we tend not have too much patience at Boundary Park for the Baxter, Harkins, Daniel Johnson type player.

Very softly spoken isn't he could be calming influence in the dressing room.

Identified 70+ players who he said could improve us.

That's around a third of the players starting in the Premier League every week. Aiming high if he thinks the other 150 aren't up to it.

Be interested to see who he tries to bring in as the 'no. 10', he said we would be surprised how many were out there and that we ought to be able to get someone in that will play that position well. Big role that one, we tend not have too much patience at Boundary Park for the Baxter, Harkins, Daniel Johnson type player.

I have recommended a young player currently in non league to him for that role, not a flair player like the above, but very creative.

Watmore was mentioned and his reply was watch this space if he could get him he would defiantly have him, he also said he knows a few fantastic players some of them friends that could play the no 10 role and do a very good job, so I suppose we "watch the space"

Baxter and Gary Harkins are 2 of the most popular players we have had in the last 5 years fans can recognise these players.

What those type of players need is people who can make runs and go beyond them, because they are good enough to put them in and give them a chance.

Very softly spoken isn't he could be calming influence in the dressing room.

Identified 70+ players who he said could improve us.

That's the Derry accent. Very soft, especially when compared to a Belfast one like Winchester, which is heavily influenced by the Scottish settlement.

I'm starting to warm very quickly to this lad. Seems to possess the same ambition and hunger as Johnson but less of the spin and bull:censored:. I get the impression he'll have the same worth ethic as Dowie along with the same discipline. I could never imagine Johnson scaring the life out the players whereas I can imagine Kelly being a dominant figure in the changing room and on the training pitch similar to what Dowie was.

If he can deliver what he's trying to achieve - creative, attacking and attractive okay with an onus in width and wingers - then I'd be a very happy fan. Do we have the players in the squad already? If he's identified 75+ players who can improve us then I doubt Kellt believes we have and they'll be some wheeling and dealing in the summer.

If he does have the connections with Rodgers, Lennon etc to secure some decent loan signings then superb - Wilkinson on a season long loan I hope?!