DK on BBC manc now....

If he does have the connections with Rodgers, Lennon etc to secure some decent loan signings then superb - Wilkinson on a season long loan I hope?!

I wouldn't want Wilkinson back. I was buzzing when we got him in Jan, but he's mostly been :censored:. There's surely better options out there.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnson had the Rodgers connection and we got nobody.

This is the third time I've heard Kelly speak and he keeps recycling the same lines.

We might have copped for a chancer or we might finally be getting some substance instead of slick, media savvy bollocks......

Hopefully the latter.

3-4-1-2 sounds great.

I can't wait to see who our shiny new Trequartista is :grin:

Edited by HarryBosch

No names but danny Philiskirk...sorry it was me who called in. Slight attempt at humour.

Didnt want to say it on air but I am impressed by him so far and I see a difference in him and johnson he seems like he has a stronger desire and a lot more humble imo. Time will tell.

Long time stalker, first time poster. Oldham fan from Derry here. I could spend a month going through all the comments on all threads for a bit of perspective but I'll skip all that and focus on potential signings from an Irish contacts point of view. I'd like Darren to bring in Michael Duffy on loan from Celtic - he can play wide or up top and I think Celtic would be open to it as League 1 would toughen him up. Another potential Derry link is Danny Lafferty at Burnley who lost his place in the Prem this season. Burnley's full backs have been decent so they might be signed meaning Lafferty would get his place back but it's still worth a look. A final former Derry player is Stephen McLaughlin who's a winger and was on SKY playing for Southend last night on loan from Forest.

I'm sure he'll have a few other Aitricity League and NI contacts he'll be keen to explore.

Long time stalker, first time poster. Oldham fan from Derry here. I could spend a month going through all the comments on all threads for a bit of perspective but I'll skip all that and focus on potential signings from an Irish contacts point of view. I'd like Darren to bring in Michael Duffy on loan from Celtic - he can play wide or up top and I think Celtic would be open to it as League 1 would toughen him up. Another potential Derry link is Danny Lafferty at Burnley who lost his place in the Prem this season. Burnley's full backs have been decent so they might be signed meaning Lafferty would get his place back but it's still worth a look. A final former Derry player is Stephen McLaughlin who's a winger and was on SKY playing for Southend last night on loan from Forest.

I'm sure he'll have a few other Aitricity League and NI contacts he'll be keen to explore.

Evening Darren. Great Q&A on radio earlier. However don't go using our message board to road test fan opinion on possible signings (winky thing)

Seriously, welcome onboard Candystriped... Is that green and white stripes?!

Ha very good Midsblue. No I'm not a Celtic fan. I've got very little time for Scottish football, partially due to the tribalistic element to The Old Firm but it tends to be a path that a lot of the decent Derry City players want to take. I don't think we'd attract Niall McGinn from Aberdeen unfortunately but if Adam Rooney can look good in that team I'm not sure what that tells you,

Cheers BP.......keep us posted even if you do frustrate the hell out of me by not revealing names :laught30:

I am only suggesting they are checked out at the moment.

There is one I am holding back though as he's contracted to his Championship club until 2017. A 19yo 6'4" centre back available for the season on loan maybe, he's a certainty for the next World Cup IMO...watch this space.

Edited by BP1960

He said we would be spending a week at some top facilities or something like that

did emyther the club last season suggesting a mini tour taking in Montrose arbroath brechin and the two dundee clubs over a week building up the level of oposition mixing and matching the teams using all the squad . would be good for fans as they would be in a small geographic area not traveling miles between games could make it a holiday

The BBC is reporting he has received a death threat from Latics fans. Did he reveal this tonight on BBC Manchester?

Oops just read some of the other threads on here

I'll try and pay more attention.

Ha very good Midsblue. No I'm not a Celtic fan. I've got very little time for Scottish football, partially due to the tribalistic element to The Old Firm but it tends to be a path that a lot of the decent Derry City players want to take. I don't think we'd attract Niall McGinn from Aberdeen unfortunately but if Adam Rooney can look good in that team I'm not sure what that tells you,

Good to hear of another Latics fan on the island of Ireland... I think there might be four or five of us in total - though I think I'm the only Republic of Ireland born one...

We've seen plenty of Irish Airtricity league players go on to become valuable assets in the past - most recently Derry's own James McClean being the most recent one that comes to mind... Let's hope Kelly can bring through some for Latics.

Good to hear of another Latics fan on the island of Ireland... I think there might be four or five of us in total - though I think I'm the only Republic of Ireland born one...

We've seen plenty of Irish Airtricity league players go on to become valuable assets in the past - most recently Derry's own James McClean being the most recent one that comes to mind... Let's hope Kelly can bring through some for Latics.

I know off a few Latics fans over this side of the water - you would be surprised. I have been to Belfast Int airport on a match day and have bumped into Luton, Wycombe, Plymouth, Preston fans all Norn Ireland born people who support these teams catching a flight over to England.

I know off a few Latics fans over this side of the water - you would be surprised. I have been to Belfast Int airport on a match day and have bumped into Luton, Wycombe, Plymouth, Preston fans all Norn Ireland born people who support these teams catching a flight over to England.

I've learned over time that the trick is to pick a weekend of international football - that means droves of people won't be flying over to see City or United, so flights to see Latics are much cheaper.

I moved to Manchester in 2003, partially because of the Oldham link so I don't need to worry about the flight issue. I enjoyed the pre-season tours to NI in the Dowie era. Maybe DK might resurrect a tour in the coming months/years. I remember in the late 90s there was an Oldham fan from Raheny in Dublin.