DK on BBC manc now....

Just reading on the BBC website that Chesterfield are announcing the appointment of Dean Saunders as manager today. Now after all the furore over Latics new manager how would you feel if you were a Spirites fan? This is a team that finished 6th this year after last years promotion and they appoint a manager that has taken his last 3 teams down.

Sometimes football just seems to recycle failures instead of moving on and going for new ideas and managers. Micky Adams is another name that springs to mind and there is always good old Harry Redknapp.

I would much rather have a chairman who takes a chance and tries somebody new unless you can get someone of proven pedigree.

Also see Crawley have had over 30 applicants of the highest quality for their vacancy.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be satisfied with Dean Saunders. You'd have to be ridiculously short-sighted to judge him on the 3 relegations. All of them he inherited a team in free-fall mid-season.

He's taken some questionable jobs for sure but there is no way anybody should reasonably judge him off them. Not forgetting he left Doncaster in a season they, a few months, later were promoted.

Just reading on the BBC website that Chesterfield are announcing the appointment of Dean Saunders as manager today. Now after all the furore over Latics new manager how would you feel if you were a Spirites fan? This is a team that finished 6th this year after last years promotion and they appoint a manager that has taken his last 3 teams down.

Sometimes football just seems to recycle failures instead of moving on and going for new ideas and managers. Micky Adams is another name that springs to mind and there is always good old Harry Redknapp.

I would much rather have a chairman who takes a chance and tries somebody new unless you can get someone of proven pedigree.

Also see Crawley have had over 30 applicants of the highest quality for their vacancy.

Was he interviewed by SC?

I'd be satisfied with Dean Saunders. You'd have to be ridiculously short-sighted to judge him on the 3 relegations. All of them he inherited a team in free-fall mid-season.

He's taken some questionable jobs for sure but there is no way anybody should reasonably judge him off them. Not forgetting he left Doncaster in a season they, a few months, later were promoted.

Same here, I think he was a tad stupid to chase the money for a 2nd time instead of getting a promotion to his name, but he did good jobs at Wrexham and Doncaster to earn himself the chance. If he had kept Crawley up it would've been an impressive achievement as they were a basket case of a team this season.

Watmore was mentioned and his reply was watch this space if he could get him he would defiantly have him, he also said he knows a few fantastic players some of them friends that could play the no 10 role and do a very good job, so I suppose we "watch the space"

Wot more speculation?

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/05/13/report-sunderland-forward-duncan-watmore-wanted-by-oldham/