• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would getting Baxter back be beyond the realms of possibility?

How come he wasn't in the Sheff Utd squad last night? Is he injured or out of favour?

Obviously he'd need to be free and kept away from food all summer...

They have about 17 attacking midfielders/strikers so its not beyond the realm of possibility he is out of favour

Would getting Baxter back be beyond the realms of possibility?

How come he wasn't in the Sheff Utd squad last night? Is he injured or out of favour?

Obviously he'd need to be free and kept away from food all summer...

I have spotted a very talented 18yo playmaker possibly available on loan, currently with a Championship club.

Also a towering young centre back who should be available on loan.

Both have international honours.

Manager to be informed.

Edited by BP1960

Think right now he is quite idealistic with wanting this formation and for us to go for an attacking game plan.

I'm not sure why some people think playing anything beyond 4-4-2 is to difficult to do. Swindon play an open expansive game with 3 at the back, I doubt anyone in their team has a PHD. Perhaps that's the model Kelly is looking to play, he did hint in his interview that he would look at premier league reserves.

Back to the point I'm happy do him to go along with this philosophy and formation their is no reason why it can't work. Just aslong as he is prepared to change it to a more pragmatic style if it's not working.

Edited by GlossopLatic

I'd try Mellor in the number 10 role if he's staying.

Strong, can go past a man, eye for a pass, could probably score a few & some from distance......

Midday, Wednesday... something tells me you're not drinking, drugs maybe? In all seriousness, if he's staying ffs find him a place in the team and give him more than 10 games please.

I'd try Mellor in the number 10 role if he's staying.

Strong, can go past a man, eye for a pass, could probably score a few & some from distance......

wonder why he hasnt been playing then, he sounds brilliant!

http://www.bavarianfootballworks.com/2014/8/5/5960443/pep-guardiola-bayern-munich-tactics-3-4-3-formation-lineup

This isn't exactly the same, but there's similarities. I think Liam Kelly could play the Martinez role, as an aggressive sweeper who's encouraged to play out from the back. This would allow Winiesta and Jones to play in the middle, where they are at their best. Having either of them at wing-back would be a major waste, and DK obviously has a number 10 lined up.

All the opposition need to do is get a player with pace and instruct him when they are in possession to hug the touchline around the halfway line, every other player is issued with the instruction to launch it for him to run on to whilst one of their strikers makes a direct run from the centre spot to the penalty spot. Our defence won't know which one to pick up, go for the ball or watch the man in the middle? The midfielder on the flank will have to drop deeper to counter this meaning we have lost width and have to attack through the middle where they have strength in numbers.

We'll be 442/451 by October as Kelly flinches when early performances and results don't go to plan.