Steven Gerrard

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will never forget before he came on, the camera panned to the dugout and him and that carragher were sat there looking like Waldorf and statler....and worried too..heheh.

A good player and loyal to his club....you don't find many of them around anymore

Edited by underdog

He took over and bossed that game from the second he got on the pitch. We're lucky that he didn't start as we wouldn't have had a sniff of winning.

Rodgers didn't make the same mistake the year after at Anfield.

In terms of his career, for all his heroic performances for Liverpool; this is my favourite memory

http://youtu.be/i26gslXjfjU

Edited by PlayItLivo

He took over and bossed that game from the second he got on the pitch. We're lucky that he didn't start as we wouldn't have had a sniff of winning.

Rodgers didn't make the same mistake the year after at Anfield.

Agree, he took us seriously in all the games. Glad I got to see him play and also score one of the best penalties I've ever seen in the 5-1 game - couldn't get more top corner than that.

Didn't he ping one off the bar with about 10 mins to go? Not quite the 'Alamo' that the city game was a few years back but nervy all the same!!!

Edited by thetramdriver

Didn't he ping one off the bar with about 10 mins to go? Not quite the 'Alamo' that the city game was a few years back but nervy all the same!!!

It was about 89 mins he did that the ground fell silent then a new found belief gripped everyone we were actually going to do it.

I still maintain Bouzy got a touch to that. The minutest of fingertips but I think that touch was vital.

But it's true. Scholes was the best English player of his generation. If Gerrard was prepared to play for the team rather than his ego he would have been excellent as Lampard's water carrier.

If you say so. The world of football disagrees. That's an inconvenient fact for you.

PFA team of the year (as elected by fellow pro's): Gerrard has made it in the team 8 times. Scholes 2.

FIFA PRO World XI (global equivalent of above): Gerrad has made that team 3 times. Scholes 0.

Gerrard was 3rd in Ballon D'or and UEFA club footballer of the year in the same year 2005.

Gerrard has won Prem player of the month more than any other player.

England team player of the season twice.

In the UEFA team of the tournament for 2012 Euro Champs.

Edited by kowenicki

If you say so. The world of football disagrees. That's an inconvenient fact for you.

PFA team of the year (as elected by fellow pro's): Gerrard has made it in the team 8 times. Scholes 2.

FIFA PRO World XI (global equivalent of above): Gerrad has made that team 3 times. Scholes 0.

Gerrard was 3rd in Ballon D'or and UEFA club footballer of the year in the same year 2005.

Gerrard has won Prem player of the month more than any other player.

England team player of the season twice.

In the UEFA team of the tournament for 2012 Euro Champs.

Double handkerchiefs on standby in the Stevie Shrine tonight. I believe Scholes has been spoken of quite well by people who, like him, are amongst the best players ever. Gerrard had a good career and won the big prize when Hammann came on to plug the gaping hole he kept leaving open, and I wish him luck. He'll need better gangsters if he carries on like that in America though.

Double handkerchiefs on standby in the Stevie Shrine tonight. I believe Scholes has been spoken of quite well by people who, like him, are amongst the best players ever. Gerrard had a good career and won the big prize when Hammann came on to plug the gaping hole he kept leaving open, and I wish him luck. He'll need better gangsters if he carries on like that in America though.

So has Gerrard. Difference is that those pros and the rest also repeatedly voted him amongst the best.

So has Gerrard. Difference is that those pros and the rest also repeatedly voted him amongst the best.

Don't get me wrong, water carrier is an important role and adding the odd goal here and there helps. It also helps having a team set up to suit you.

Don't get me wrong, water carrier is an important role and adding the odd goal here and there helps. It also helps having a team set up to suit you.

Can't imagine why you wouldn't set your side up to suit your outstanding player.