Season tickets

Extrapolating a 20% increase in season ticket sales into a matching increase in playing budget which using LOGIC then follows on into a 20% increase in league points gives us 68.4 points, just 0.6 points outside the play offs. Add in marginal gains due to psychological improvements and we're nailed on. Proof there using SCIENCE and MATHS.

Remember to overlay the increase in RRE price as well.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extrapolating a 20% increase in season ticket sales into a matching increase in playing budget which using LOGIC then follows on into a 20% increase in league points gives us 68.4 points, just 0.6 points outside the play offs. Add in marginal gains due to psychological improvements and we're nailed on. Proof there using SCIENCE and MATHS.

Factor in an unhealthy dose of controversy & some unnecessary alienation of fans and staff and I reckon we're nailed on for 15th....

Factor in an unhealthy dose of controversy & some unnecessary alienation of fans and staff and I reckon we're nailed on for 15th....

Yeah but what about the Rochdale Road end Accoustics advantage (The Brentford game factor) and the shambolic view of the away fans in the chaddy end, and a play off charge is most definitely on :)

Just to add the 100 club is almost full / if not full by now

This may of been asked already, I just haven't seen or read about it but what do you get for the extra and how much did it cost ? Im in RRE so won't affect me but still interested to know

Yeah but what about the Rochdale Road end Accoustics advantage (The Brentford game factor) and the shambolic view of the away fans in the chaddy end, and a play off charge is most definitely on :)

Will they get tucked away in the car park side of the stand also...............you know like us away fans do?

This may of been asked already, I just haven't seen or read about it but what do you get for the extra and how much did it cost ? Im in RRE so won't affect me but still interested to know

Back row padded seats, VIP entrance, soup and a roll, one drink, exclusive use of the 1895 suite at HT and guaranteed entrance to the suite before and after the match.

Decent tbf.

It's great looking at the interactive seating map of the new stand. Genuinely looks like it will be pretty close to capacity next season taking into account pay on the day. Other than a section next to the Chaddy and the front few rows it's going to look packed.

Then you look at the rest of the ground and it's going to look very empty! Can't be more than 500 sold in the Main Stand or the RRE! Does anybody know many were sold in each of those stands last season?

Pretty much works out at double the cost of your season ticket. I looked but didn't think I'd get approx £15 worth of 'perks' from it each and every game.

Yeah I know what you mean from a personal angle but budgetwise its a clever move.

I nudge nudge wink winked the olde 'sometimes occassionally maybe could I stay there quietly for the second half and watch out the window?'

guy looked at me like ':censored: will people actually try and do that?' If I could do that I would have got one. And even not its still something I may look at as I age.

Busiest section that on matchdays defo

Aye a group of singers will gravitate to the Chaddy end side of the north stand I've changed my mind and have taken up residence in the new North Stand.

With former Lookers Nomads returning home, Chaddy end refugees and the Athleticos on the north stand side of the RRE we've potentially got a good atmosphere on that side of the ground next season.

Yeah I know what you mean from a personal angle but budgetwise its a clever move.

I nudge nudge wink winked the olde 'sometimes occassionally maybe could I stay there quietly for the second half and watch out the window?'

guy looked at me like ':censored: will people actually try and do that?' If I could do that I would have got one. And even not its still something I may look at as I age.

Isn't the rule/law with regards to drinking being you can't have view of the pitch with alcohol in hand or something along those lines .. so no wonder he didn't like your idea of combining the two lol

Yeah it's a great idea from the marketing people. The suite looks great, but alas the number of games I'd actually be able to drink because of work would be limited irrespective of the '£15 a game worth of perks' lol. I initially thought the uptake would be slow so it's nice to know it's almost full if not full. Maybe a budding badge maker would get cracking and get them sorted with a ' I'm in the 100 club' badge in a similar guise to the 'tufty' club of old!!

Edited by thetramdriver

Isn't the rule/law with regards to drinking being you can't have view of the pitch with alcohol in hand or something along those lines .. so no wonder he didn't like your idea of combining the two lol

Yeah it's a great idea from the marketing people. The suite looks great, but alas the number of games I'd actually be able to drink because of work would be limited irrespective of the '£15 a game worth of perks' lol. I initially thought the uptake would be slow so it's nice to know it's almost full if not full. Maybe a budding badge maker would get cracking and get them sorted with a ' I'm in the 100 club' badge in a similar guise to the 'tufty' club of old!!

Yep that's the rule- except it is within sight of the pitch, not the other way round. Some clubs have added "trick" glass to get round this.

The first government to get rid of the antiquated rules solely for football may have my vote for a long time.

I'm at the chaddy side it has the best view in the north stand with it being the most elevated.

Oh yeah the 'famous' slope! I always thought that Latics teams always played towards the Chaddy in the second half when they could have the choice .. I noticed that a fair number of games to the latter end of the season we did that in the 1st half instead. Did the spin of the coin go against us each time or did we change this 'historic' tactic?

Have you noticed that the North Stand is skewed towards the Chaddy End, in that the half-way line is several yards toward the Chaddy side than the exact half-way spot of the stand? Or will this be corrected when the new pitch is laid and lines are redrawn?

Oh yeah the 'famous' slope! I always thought that Latics teams always played towards the Chaddy in the second half when they could have the choice .. I noticed that a fair number of games to the latter end of the season we did that in the 1st half instead. Did the spin of the coin go against us each time or did we change this 'historic' tactic?

I think we changed the tactic. Wasn't the slope lessened a few years ago from something like 5ft 8inches to something less? Seem to recall something about that - although there still was one quite visible from Main Stsnd.

Yes. Deano had the idea to score first then try and hold on.

No idea why you felt the need to add quotation marks for 'effect'

Think the rules are just for plebs as Ive often watched a match with a pint from exec boxes at many grounds around the country.