Season tickets

Oh yeah the 'famous' slope! I always thought that Latics teams always played towards the Chaddy in the second half when they could have the choice .. I noticed that a fair number of games to the latter end of the season we did that in the 1st half instead. Did the spin of the coin go against us each time or did we change this 'historic' tactic?

I think we changed the tactic. Wasn't the slope lessened a few years ago from something like 5ft 8inches to something less? Seem to recall something about that - although there still was one quite visible from Main Stsnd.

Yes. Deano had the idea to score first then try and hold on.

No idea why you felt the need to add quotation marks for 'effect'

That and it might well have been connected to the closing of the Chaddy to home fans for this upcoming season.

Us Scoring first and then trying to hold on, wasn't that effective we gave away more than 1 HT lead- most notably against Sheff U.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over 2500 sold. Up 20% from this time last year! Exciting times ahead!

Would be interesting to see the split,

ie. renewals / new

It could be that the quick take up may be due to fans not wanting to miss out or wanting a decent seat in the new stand.

Sales after the discount period could be a lot less than last year and that we in fact end up with hardly any increase at all.... We shall see come August.

Do we sell more than half a dozen after the discount period?

I'd guess the cheaper finance deal probably increased the discount sales. I'd have had to stretch things to buy this month but I couldn't give a toss about £15 over a year. There'll be a few less pay on the door I reckon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Plenty of seats remaining in the North Stand.

Looking at the amount sold in the Rochdale Road End next season its going to be difficult for the fans left in there to create any sort of atmosphere. Looking at the seats sold on the interactive map around 300 season tickets have been sold in the large section of the Rocky next season, I'm hoping we can get off to some sort of a start in our first 2or 3 away games otherwise the sight of that end about 20% full is going to look embarrassing and pitiful.

Looking at the amount sold in the Rochdale Road End next season its going to be difficult for the fans left in there to create any sort of atmosphere. Looking at the seats sold on the interactive map around 300 season tickets have been sold in the large section of the Rocky next season, I'm hoping we can get off to some sort of a start in our first 2or 3 away games otherwise the sight of that end about 20% full is going to look embarrassing and pitiful.

No it wont. Thats where all of the pay on the days will be.

As for TV coverage, the north stand being so full will make it look much better on highlights.

This is why the Athleticos should consider a smaller flag. If there's only 500 in the large section and the flag covers 700 seats it won't have the desired effect.

Whichever way you see it, the seating will look very strange next season. 80% or so of supporters in one stand. The Rocky will be weird too considering there will be collectives of fans on both sides while there will be few people actually sat in the middle behind the goal!

I dont understand? Surely the more empty seats hidden the better?

It's supposed to be held aloft over their heads, which won't work if the size of your flag means you needs double the amount of fans to hold it than those in that end of the ground