Lee Croft signs 1 year deal (plus option for one extra)

I'm meh also

Depends fully fit and fully firing he's an asset.

Fully fat and half arsed then he's not

Is this a statement of the calibre of signings or are we bringing him in as a squad player?

Does this also mean we are going to have a cup run this season.

Edited by GlossopLatic

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While he does not possess pace or scoring prowess Lee Croft has a very good football brain. He knows when to pass the ball and how to pass it, not like many of our recent pretenders out wide.

I will assume Kelly has a job lined up for him that would reproduce something like the partnership he had with Reece Wabara. It was Wabara who did all the running and their one-two's and sometimes three's off each other were magic.

I may not be over the moon but I'm optimistic and intrigued.

Agree, whilst it is a fair signing, providing Good Crofty turns up, I cannot fathom those going overboard though or criticising those that are not overwhelmed with excitement.

Didn't Barry say we were after a brute...!

I don't think I can recall ever seeing a bad Crofty? Even when overweight

The difference between Poleon and Croft is that, whilst Poleon has pace to burn, he's a bit of a headless chicken. He doesn't pick the pass or cross that Croft will because he doesn't get his head up. If Crofty can stay fit and at the right weight, he'll bang it on to the head of a big lump of a CF all day long. Hows about Forte on the left, Crofty on the right and Poleon plus big lump down the middle? Just a thought.

Turner looks good in the air, terrific leap on him for his height.

Some ridiculous comments on here!! Great signing some times players when they feel at home play better. Provided some great assists for us before something we haven't had since he has gone. Looking at his video he does look very trim! Great signing hopefully a few more like this and our squad starts to look very strong!!

Not sure what people's problem is here?

Providing we're not spunking loads of wages on him, it basically means instead of playing a left footed James Dayton, a central midfielder like Jones or Winchester, or a striker like Poleon on the right side of midfield, we can play an actual right sided midfielder.

One that won POTY the last time he was here.

I'm pleased enough.

Ohhhhhhhh yesss.....that sublime slick move of dumping his marker on the half way line and setting up one of our goals against Everton is in my box of memories.

Now time to digout his match worn shirt and hope I can slim down in time to wear it next season.

A winger...get in.....

Cheap experienced midfielder, a known quantity with ability. May not be the most exciting signing, but certainly not a disappointment. I wonder also if Kelly is considering a change of position for him -- could he play anywhere else other than as a winger?

I was a bit apprehensive and underwhelmed upon hearing this news & looking at his stats for St Johnstone but I'm optimistic about it after watching his Latics Player interview - he looks fit, seems to have matured & must have kicked on from playing in Europe and winning a cup up there.

And he seems genuinely happy to be back here.

Two very good spells here & plenty to suggest this could be his best.

He might stick around now at his age and could even be another Eyres if he's learnt how to look after himself as appears to be the case.

Liked Crofty the last time around and was sad to see him go but... how does he fit into 3-4-1-2?

Maybe he's a plan B player ie 4-4-2 for when one of the wing backs is knackered, or when we're 2 down and it's looking like 3 any time soon.

Can we not drop this 3-4-1-2 bollocks once and for all now? :lol:

I'm sure Kelly was just thinking out loud in an overly candid way during his first ever live radio interview.

Can we not focus on the fact he said he has "plans from A to Z"?

#amf

Not sure what people's problem is here?

Providing we're not spunking loads of wages on him, it basically means instead of playing a left footed James Dayton, a central midfielder like Jones or Winchester, or a striker like Poleon on the right side of midfield, we can play an actual right sided midfielder.

One that won POTY the last time he was here.

I'm pleased enough.

Poleon is no striker....